• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cartoons Magazine from 1910s to 1920s

12 posts in this topic

This amazing pulp sized anthology had:

1. Editorial cartoons from around the world showing historic events

2. Articles about cartoonists and their work

3. Narrative comics

4. Original material - generally lighter cartoon "essays" about everyday life

The covers alone might make you want to check out what's inside. Page after page of great cartoon artwork.

You're likely to find great paper quality on many copies of these old books, too.

87603.jpg.1c072e1e58bd4ea144934a1b7083425f.jpg

Hi, can you supply the year with each issue, the month is on the cover - i have about 85% of Cartoons magazine which began Jan 1914, if i remember correctly

- have quite a few dups, mayhaps we can trade, you picking up more than you already have, me filling in some final holes - a couple of your covers do not look familiar

by late 1916 the mag has intense news & pics of famous newspaper comics cartoonists of the day - the Herriman issue from 1918 especially fun - i list these in the Plat section of Overstreet for some years now

This post has inspired me to dig back thru my issues and expand the contents index pointing out more hidden treasures inside of fun stuff