• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay SUCKS as a selling venue for GA

44 posts in this topic

I agree with all of you, Ebay is the bottom feeder, low end price novice buyer with no advanced thinking regarding our hobby,

With Comic connect, Comic Link, Pedigree, Heritage and a few more ongoing auctions, EVERY OTHER MONTH OR SO, quality bucks, and advanced collectors are spending the alloted money, more times thoughout the year, which in turns make for conventions a dead veness as well,

:banana:

:hi: jerry

With the dollar plummetting, I might have to rethink my policy of restricting international bidders.

You might be on to something. hm Of the $600 or so worth of books I've sold on ebay in the last two months, nearly $500 worth has been to international bidders. It is more work, and does unfortunately carry some risk, but for the most part I think it's worth it.

90% of what I bid on on ebay is GA, mainly mid to high grade pre-code horror and sci-fi, with the odd early DC or Timely in VG/FN up.

Looking back over the last two months, I'd say that there's been no bargains to be had, and I've been outbid on books when my knockout snipe bid has been above FMV.