• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Lauren's Big Apple Comic Con Report

121 posts in this topic

well, rushing in at 10 and schlepping back home 3 or 4 hours at 6 pm would put a damper on it for me too! you were talking about eating in new york, etc., I figured you'd be making a weekend of it. visiting some abandoned buildings, taking some pictures, etc.

We always make day trips of NYC a few times a year and have a pretty good time. We just weren't feeling this con. We left the con early and headed to the lower east side where we actually had a really good rest of the day. It only takes us under 3 hours to get home, so it's really no biggie for us.

Plus Pat will not take me into abandon buildings unless he knows its safe enough for me. So that was out of the question.

well, rushing in at 10 and schlepping back home 3 or 4 hours at 6 pm would put a damper on it for me too! you were talking about eating in new york, etc., I figured you'd be making a weekend of it. visiting some abandoned buildings, taking some pictures, etc.

We always make day trips of NYC a few times a year and have a pretty good time. We just weren't feeling this con. We left the con early and headed to the lower east side where we actually had a really good rest of the day. It only takes us under 3 hours to get home, so it's really no biggie for us.

Plus Pat will not take me into abandon buildings unless he knows its safe enough for me. So that was out of the question.

Next time though, she's gonna make a pit stop in Jersey so we can make some sweet sweet love :cloud9:

And by sweet sweet love, I probably mean breakfast. Or lunch. Or something like that.

Next time though, she's gonna make a pit stop in Jersey so we can make some sweet sweet love :cloud9:

And by sweet sweet love, I probably mean breakfast. Or lunch. Or something like that.

I actually really enjoy the truck stops in Jersey. They're so tacky. I love it.

You should make a super classy Trenton stop and we'll eat and a deliciously questionable diner. It'll be great :D

You should make a super classy Trenton stop and we'll eat and a deliciously questionable diner. It'll be great :D

I didn't know you guys had a Tio Pepe's there! :o

I didn't know you guys had a Tio Pepe's there! :o

It goes by the name of Parkside Diner... hm

:o

:popcorn:

:blush:

Thanks for the report. The highlight of the Con for me was meeting fellow boardies for the first time: Pat, Tupeny, Roy, Dale - very cool meeting you all. I was told that I dont quite resemble my avatar. (shrug)

Picked up some nice GA books which ill post upon my return to Miami.

You met me too... :sorry:

:lol:

Cheezy :headbang:

funny_mexican_tequila_sticker-p217555129778801117qjcl_400.jpg

Thanks for the report. The highlight of the Con for me was meeting fellow boardies for the first time: Pat, Tupeny, Roy, Dale - very cool meeting you all. I was told that I dont quite resemble my avatar. (shrug)

Picked up some nice GA books which ill post upon my return to Miami.

You met me too... :sorry:

:lol:

Cheezy :headbang:

funny_mexican_tequila_sticker-p217555129778801117qjcl_400.jpg

That delicious tequila was being served in quarts.

:cloud9:

I've never had tequila.

The quality of tequila makes a big difference. I prefer a premium gold.

If you try cheap and expensive tequila side by side there's a noticeable difference.

Lou swears by the stuff.

If you can't stomach a hard shot normally, Clamato makes a great chaser (for anything really).

We had a bartender at Carmines in Times Square that talked a lot about who he met including drinking with David Lee Roth and he was serving us fist sized shots of the gold stuff.

We had a bartender at Carmines in Times Square that talked a lot about who he met including drinking with David Lee Roth and he was serving us fist sized shots of the gold stuff.

I out drank all of you & was up at 7:30 am with no hangover.

I caught a head cold that nite and woke up with a corked sinus cavity.

doh!

Yup, he was still drunk!

I slept in the next day.. because I could. :winnah:

I swore off tequila shots almost 20 years ago in and I have no regrets. Ditto Jaegermeister. Some of my worst barfing and hangover experiences. Mix mine up in something icy and sweet and then I don't have to worry so much about whether it's any good. And Jaegermeister...never again. Drink too much of that and you might hallucinate. I'm too old to hallucinate.