• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Lauren's Big Apple Comic Con Report

121 posts in this topic

Wow this con wasn't really good.

After most of the good guests canceled, I was pretty worried about this con. I know Wizard World doesn't have a good track record, but I still tried to be hopeful. I got to the show around 1130, and it was pretty empty. The layout was confusing at first, but made sense once you circled the place 5 times. I saw some of you guys and it was awesome. Thank you Doc for not putting those tables too high for Bat Mite.

The comic selection was pretty awesome, but I only bought one book. It still felt kind of empty comic wise though, especially after last weekend. It seemed to me there were more toy/junk type dealers, and not enough comic ones. The artists alley was organized really well. I didn't wander over to the section where CGC was since I didn't even know it was there until I left! doh! The good news is I got two new awesome Toon Tumblers as well! Adam West also signed a DVD for me, and that was cool too.

The biggest let down was Shatner only being there from 10-11. I only went to get my dad his autograph, but after telling my dad it was $75, he didn't feel so bad (in fact he said he wouldn't have paid more than $20. My dad is old school and spends his money wisely.) The plus side was some guy from Ghost Hunters was there, and my dad loves that show. So thank goodness for small favors!

The highlight of the con for me was getting another sketch from Dan Parent. When I handed him my book, I asked for a headshot of Katy Keene. He gave me a puzzled look, and said "Didn't I draw her for you back in New York?" The little fangirl in me went banana's, but since I don't go banana's in person I simply replied "No, it was Veronica!" But it was awesome and cool and I told him how he should go to Baltimore Comic Con.

This con also focused mainly on their industry guests, which to me is the saddest part of a con. Nothing like some old washed up wrestlers looking at you as you walk by to make you feel sad for the world.

To end this, here are my pics. I know Pat took plenty, so I'll post them whenever he uploads them.

4021260884_82ff5b4f37.jpg

4020504289_a5f7541e95.jpg

4020507827_9869f7d44f.jpg

4021271848_1e0e72a2c2.jpg

4020515715_34e836905d.jpg

4021278732_d75bfac7a0.jpg Adrienne Curry (or however you spell her name) and Christopher Knight

4020523257_30dd97fd27.jpg

4020530959_91da07b11d.jpg

Nice Report.

A friend of mine wanted Shatner as well. I told him i'd get it but it was $75.00 and he said forget it too. That's my booth in one of your pics. I notice it because I was set up facing the guy drawing on the floor.

Jeff

Dan Parent is a nice guy...at least via e-mail when I bought some archie OA from him a few years back

I only wound up buying from 4 dealers...didn't have time to check out more, so I didn't get a sense of how many comics folks there were there. The place is pretty big, so at least there was a lot of room between booths and nobody was knocking into eachother.

Thanks for the report BL.

While this show is local, I opted for Baltimore instead. I'm glad I did. Better guests and comic-centric focus.

Next October, I will be attending the NY Comic Con show at Javitz (organized by Reed Elsevier) as opposed to Wizard's lame show.

I hope you enjoyed Katz's deli while visiting.

Cheers!

N.

BL is this you and your boyfriend if so I got this picture :gossip:

wqss4i.jpg

If so I did mention your costume was great. ^^

I had a green survivor baseball cap on. I managed to talk to Roy and Louise on Friday, and Dale,DrWatson and Tupenny on Saturday. :banana:

WEBHEAD

You should've been at the VCC this weekend, much better selection of stuff...in fact, I think its one of the best cross-sections of books I've seen at any of the VCCs.

Hey, whaddya know...if you hop on a virtual plane right now, and hail a virtual cab when you touch down, Bat Mite can still make the Virtual Comic Con before it closes tonight.

You should've been at the VCC this weekend, much better selection of stuff...in fact, I think its one of the best cross-sections of books I've seen at any of the VCCs.

Hey, whaddya know...if you hop on a virtual plane right now, and hail a virtual cab when you touch down, Bat Mite can still make the Virtual Comic Con before it closes tonight.

Your Black Terror #3 was a really attractive copy. (thumbs u

Thanks for the report. The highlight of the Con for me was meeting fellow boardies for the first time: Pat, Tupeny, Roy, Dale - very cool meeting you all. I was told that I dont quite resemble my avatar. (shrug)

Picked up some nice GA books which ill post upon my return to Miami.

4021278732_d75bfac7a0.jpg Adrienne Curry (or however you spell her name) and Christopher Knight

Love what she's wearing. Stockings & garters :luhv:

:gossip: Phantom Lady costume.

Except Phantom Lady's costume doesn't include fishnets & garters. I like her version better :cloud9:

Love what she's wearing. Stockings & garters :luhv:

:gossip: Phantom Lady costume.

Except Phantom Lady's costume doesn't include fishnets & garters. I like her version better :cloud9:

Silk Spectre from Watchmen?!

Thanks for the report. The highlight of the Con for me was meeting fellow boardies for the first time: Pat, Tupeny, Roy, Dale - very cool meeting you all. I was told that I dont quite resemble my avatar. (shrug)

Picked up some nice GA books which ill post upon my return to Miami.

You met me too... :sorry:

:lol:

BL is this you and your boyfriend if so I got this picture :gossip:

WEBHEAD

No, she doesn't look a damn thing like me, and Pat doesn't like dressing up (unless it's Rorschach.)

Adam West was really nice, but his manager was really slimy. Yech!