• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beware poly bags on carpet

25 posts in this topic

That newest pressing thread has bruised me up........saw Arex was looking for Thor 148 and 168, so I run up to the comic room......well the bag of poly bags had spilled onto the floor......I round the corner.......stuff is like ice on carpet, as I must have accelerted to 80+ MPH......completely horizontal with said floor.....BA-THOOM.......man, hip pointer......and I did not have those two issues.....Crique!!!!

Yes, the constant handling of tape makes our fingerprints rip off, paper cuts from backing boards, the strain on our backs from lifting all those boxes......and of course.....hitting poly bags on carpet at a decent amount of speed.....ahhhh, my lovely wife has brought me beer # 3 since my wipe-out.....the perails of the hobby.

I tried some of them out on a set of stairs.

Does anyone know how to dislodge your own knee from your lower back?

I would start with foot in the mouth first :baiting:

For leverage?

I run up to the comic room......well the bag of poly bags had spilled onto the floor......I round the corner.......stuff is like ice on carpet, as I must have accelerted to 80+ MPH......completely horizontal with said floor.....BA-THOOM.......man, hip pointer......and I did not have those two issues.....Crique!!!!

I have watched my dogs do this a couple times! Once they can get their nails dug in they are safe!

That newest pressing thread has bruised me up........saw Arex was looking for Thor 148 and 168, so I run up to the comic room......well the bag of poly bags had spilled onto the floor......I round the corner.......stuff is like ice on carpet, as I must have accelerted to 80+ MPH......completely horizontal with said floor.....BA-THOOM.......man, hip pointer......and I did not have those two issues.....Crique!!!!

Thanks for thinking about me :acclaim:

No problem.....2-3 days my 42 year old body will be less sore.......I got all my lower ab muscles above my junk as well, as I must have pulled/strained them during fall and impact.....so right hip tender and sore....lower abs strained.....well, at least I'm not pizzing blood.......ohhhh......The Deep is on.......JB and the wet t shirt scene :cloud9:

That is funny, I've done that several time in years past. Probably one of the reasons I made the switch to mylar. :grin:

That is funny, I've done that several time in years past. Probably one of the reasons I made the switch to mylar. :grin:

Yeah, the mylars are safe on the self with the nicer backing boards.......perhaps the poly's felt left out?

Quick; how many fingers am I holding up?

No problem.....2-3 days my 42 year old body will be less sore.......I got all my lower ab muscles above my junk as well, as I must have pulled/strained them during fall and impact.....so right hip tender and sore....lower abs strained.....well, at least I'm not pizzing blood.......ohhhh......The Deep is on.......JB and the wet t shirt scene :cloud9:

I was cutting polypropylene window bags for Signature Series books the other night and I made a little pile of the cutouts intending to throw them away. Got engrossed in a fight or a movie and got up to take a whiz. Put the heel of my left foot right onto the pile of plastic squares and skidded at least 24 inches before i caught myself on the dining room doorway. If I had missed, i probably would have knocked myself out. I was going so fast. Glad to know I am not the only dinglehopper on the Boards.

I think this type of accident deserves an official name. Let's come up with some -

• Polybag shuffle
  • Comic bag death roll
  • Polypropylene plunge
  • CCC - comic collector collapse

any others?