• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heartland Pedigree question

14 posts in this topic

I finally received my books from the last ComicLink auction and some of them were Heartland Pedigree books. I never owned a Pedigree book so I didn't realize that there is nothing on the label that say anything about a pedigree. Is this normal?

Afraid it's perfectly normal. CGC doesn't recognize that pedigree, I bought some of those books as well. What I DIDN'T know, was that C-Link was not going to provide any documentation that the books were part of the Heartland collection, meaning that the documentation trail is probably broken... So if CGC changes their minds, tough luck getting those books recognized...

Isn't it more of a collection rather than a ped? I won a Heartland off Clink awhile back and then realized I already had a better copy. So when Josh relisted it for me, they didn't even bother to advertise it as a Heartland. Even though they did mention it in the listing when I won it originally.

A good book is a good book. Not every pedigree is equal. Many of the pedigrees recognized by CGC have varying degrees of prestige, from the "real" and fully deserved pedigrees like Church/Mile High, San Francisco/Reilly, White Mountain, Pacific Coast, etc., to completely lightweight and undeserving pedigrees made up almost entirely of mid-to-late SA and early BA books like Rocky Mountain and Oakland.

Afraid it's perfectly normal. CGC doesn't recognize that pedigree, I bought some of those books as well. What I DIDN'T know, was that C-Link was not going to provide any documentation that the books were part of the Heartland collection, meaning that the documentation trail is probably broken... So if CGC changes their minds, tough luck getting those books recognized...

What you could do is hold on to the bill of sale (receipt), and if it gets recognized as a ped, and you send it in for the designation, they'll contact CLink and verify.

I'm gonna start my own Pedigree of high grade 90's books and say all the books are from the "Drek-Land Collection".

They will all come with a certificate of authenticity stating that the book is from the "Drek-Land Collection".

Isn't it more of a collection rather than a ped? I won a Heartland off Clink awhile back and then realized I already had a better copy. So when Josh relisted it for me, they didn't even bother to advertise it as a Heartland. Even though they did mention it in the listing when I won it originally.

You're probably correct, but honestly, what's the difference? Mile High was a collection at first as well right? I dunno, what I know about Peds could fit on the head of a pin in 12-point type. lol

You're probably correct, but honestly, what's the difference? Mile High was a collection at first as well right? I dunno, what I know about Peds could fit on the head of a pin in 12-point type. lol

Mile High II & Diamond Run were originally recognized as pedigrees before CGC discovered they were, in fact, collections

on your comiclink "my bids" page,click on the heartland book you won and the following message will be there until you delete the listing:

About the Heartland Collection:

Offered within this ComicLink auction are impressive examples from a 4,000 book Original Owner collection that we are calling the Heartland Collection. Spanning three decades, from the 60’s to the 80’s, and purchased straight from the newsstand, this beautiful collection exhibits glossy, rich colors and nearly all of the examples have been assigned either White or Off-White to White Pages.. Virtually the entire collection falls between CGC’s VF and NM ranges, with every book exhibiting exceptional eye appeal.

the description and CGC serial number should be documentation or not