• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 59 Grade revealed!!!

37 posts in this topic

Well here it is, I seriously thought this would get a 9.8 WP but I think I'm having bad luck with grading. I find it real hard to believe I don't have a single 9.8 in my collection especially knowing most have been stored untouched and never read for 40 something years give or take a few years. Oh well. I had two books I simply refused to believe that they were a 9.4 sent them back in and at least got 9.6 awhile back.

Bah! Humbug! Looks like no one gets Christmas presents this year. Scrooge -"Decrease the surplus population!"

Avengers59WP2.jpg

It's a big 11x17 Umax Powerlook 2100XL You can scan the whole comic in the CGC case in one pass no stitching images together.

Like the Jimmy Page avatar with the double neck Gibson. I used to own a white double-neck Ibanez, I could never play like him though. (lol)

I saw that these books at this grade sell pretty high around $3500 on CL come on it's just Yellowjacket. He looks like a Wasp to me with that elongated abdomen on the logo. Wouldn't CGC grade it as a restore if you had it press? An who presses books? Or I should ask who is the best presser in the industry.

At this point, CGC doesn't consider pressing as restoration. However, I see nothing to 'press out' in this book to make it a 9.8.

Seriously, though, it's a very respectable 9.6.....and what's an extra .2, unless you're selling it?

stunning book...keep the high grade Avengers comin', colugo!

as for the 9.8 bypass...I can't tell these days. seems like 9.8's come in abitrary market jump starts and this one just missed the lot.

still fantastic tho!!

It's a big 11x17 Umax Powerlook 2100XL You can scan the whole comic in the CGC case in one pass no stitching images images together.

Like the Jimmy Page avatar with the double neck Gibson. I used to own a white double-neck Ibanez, I could never play like him though. (lol)

How fast is it?

My old scanmaker X12 is fairly fast, but not as clear or crisp as yours.

What settings do you have it?

I've never timed it. I set it at 110 percent 175 LPI. I think the gamma (Don't get funny and ask if they are the same ones Bruce Banner was exposed to) settings are factory default plus it is set for colored art.

UMAX PowerLook 2100XL Settings:

Flatbed Reflective

True Color: RGB

Art Print(175 LPI)

No Filter

Manual Control

R: 255

G: 0

B: 1.00

Keep in mind different scanner makes and models vary even with close approximate settings.