• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink auction results.

246 posts in this topic

The Avengers 16 CGC 9.0 went for $425. Exact same book that was in the August auction that went for $750. I'm hoping this is a trend that continues as this is the only high dollar book in 9.0 outside the fist 12 issues that I need for my run.

oldman bought the book?

Oldguy :gossip:

dang, i miss him and his fisting

:o You may want to rephrase that

The Avengers 16 CGC 9.0 went for $425. Exact same book that was in the August auction that went for $750. I'm hoping this is a trend that continues as this is the only high dollar book in 9.0 outside the fist 12 issues that I need for my run.

oldman bought the book?

:roflmao:

oldman bought the book?

lol- puts me in mind of tobias funke :cloud9:

Last GPA sale was 850 5/09

Just closed for $1802

Batman 251

Very nice looking copy. If this had the white stripe I do not think it would have come close to that price.

Crazy price for that book. But it is a sweet copy for sure!

yeah, i think what this auction might be showing - via these few anecdotal examples - is that once you get into the upper stratosphere of graded copies, there is still always another point of separation. normally the first point is the grade. another point is PQ. in these cases, perfect centering and registration - QP, that is - are another

yeah, i think what this auction might be showing - via these few anecdotal examples - is that once you get into the upper stratosphere of graded copies, there is still always another point of separation. normally the first point is the grade. another point is PQ. in these cases, perfect centering and registration - QP, that is - are another
Nope. Has to do with water sprites.

I was shocked to see the 3.0 AF 15 close so low. I put in a lowball of $3700 and almost won. Fantastic looking for the grade.

I as well. That, of course, being the uber key, but there were other instances as well, ASM5 5.0 OW at $321 was a very happy pickup for me. And also the UK 14 in 5.0 for less than $250. Prices that cheap didn't happen last year...

Only a matter of time before it hits the Ultra High Grade (Keys)?

I think if it hasn't happened already, all we need for it to happen is for a few consecutive lower sales (ie. Avengers 1, TOS 39, etc). It will change people's mentality of expecting to pay a higher price every time a UHG key comes around to offering a lower price instead.

It takes time to change the psychology of buyers especially the mentality of UHG buyers since they hold the key to the pricing of those books, rather than normal supply/demand equations. But once the psychology shifts...

Should that happen, low-mid grade copies would probably take an additional hit...

Just a thought...we'll see...

Except the 100, most of the Cap prices seemed a little soft, as there were many soft results in this auction. Now this auction has followed a few major shows, so there may be some tapped people. My own two cents is that we are seeing some market correction here -- which to me, is a good thing.

Avengers 16 9.0 coming back to a level that is normal and healthy ($425) and it's pre run up levels just says that someone can certainly get stuck holding the bag if there are artificial run ups on prices.

The 6.5 Amazing Fantasy 15 copy going for $17K was also lower than I expected. Yea, it was cream/offwhite, but that's still $7K or so lower than the last sale. My general expectation is that key Marvel prices went up too fast the last two years, and that for the next 2-5 years we'll see slight decreases or just overall non-increases to offset the fast rise.

The 6.5 Amazing Fantasy 15 copy going for $17K was also lower than I expected. Yea, it was cream/offwhite, but that's still $7K or so lower than the last sale. My general expectation is that key Marvel prices went up too fast the last two years, and that for the next 2-5 years we'll see slight decreases or just overall non-increases to offset the fast rise.

Wow, that's shocking...didn't a 6.0 fetch close to $30k earlier this year, by a Board member no less?

I hope you are right James, I'd like to pay $5k-$6k for a nice mid grade (5.5-6.0) FF # 1 again. :wishluck:

I think we are finally starting to see the impact of the economy on funny book prices now. If you look at a lot of these books they were driven up too high (especially AF #15) in a short time frame to be supported now. There is nothing wrong with this, unless you bought at the peak, I guess.

Except the 100, most of the Cap prices seemed a little soft, as there were many soft results in this auction. Now this auction has followed a few major shows, so there may be some tapped people. My own two cents is that we are seeing some market correction here -- which to me, is a good thing.

Avengers 16 9.0 coming back to a level that is normal and healthy ($425) and it's pre run up levels just says that someone can certainly get stuck holding the bag if there are artificial run ups on prices.

Which ones other than the 117 did you think were soft? I tried to buy about 20 of them and ended up with one.

All copies of 100 went for around GPA, the 9.4 was a little low...

101 9.6 200 bucks over GPA

102 9.6 3X GPA

103 9.6 was a little soft but it had a bad miswrap.

105 9.6 2x GPA

106 9.4 at GPA

107 9.6 wasn't a bad deal at under GPA.

Steranko issues 110, 111 and 113 did well, selling above short-term highs. Unless, you're talking about the bronze Caps, I thought they sold above average.

Wow, that's shocking...didn't a 6.0 fetch close to $30k earlier this year, by a Board member no less?

I hope you are right James, I'd like to pay $5k-$6k for a nice mid grade (5.5-6.0) FF # 1 again. :wishluck:

I can see that happening. You might even be able to land a 6.5 copy for $8K the way it has dropped from that $15 or $16 K peak.