• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink auction results.

246 posts in this topic

No offense, but the concept of putting in a bid for more than I want to pay for a book is kind of :screwy: to me. Talk about a high risk threshold

Some of us like the rush.

:whee:

There's just got to be cheaper ways to get it, though. Just got to be, I say

I think he means why the hell is it so high for a reprint in that grade... lol

So to answer "toro" the answer to your question is simple.... "crack" :insane:

Bingo! I'm like "WTF" it's the re-print and it's a 5.0 and someone paid $230!!!!

I don't even know if I got over $100 for an 8.0 that I sold about 3 years ago. Mine was an Ebay NM from a fellow who started the Price guide with Bob Overstreet, I told him it wasn't in NM and he wouldn't take any returns. I was hoping for a gift 9.0, but CGC called it correctly.

IRON MAN #128 CGC 9.8 has taken a massive haircut since a copy sold for $2000+ awhile ago.

This most recent copy sold for $522

Whoever paid $2000 just lost about 75%

Another book that can't stop falling these days is ASM #301 CGC 9.8

It used to sell for $1000+ a short time ago, in fact a copy sold for $1320 on September 30, 2008

Last GPA sale ............ a mere $263

Captain America Annual #8 used to command over $500 regularly

Last GPA sale ............ down to $154

Moderns are just getting crushed . Soon there will be a "buyers strike" against all moderns because buyers fear losing money on their books, or just because they know if they wait, the price will be lower next month

My first ever CLink auction. Here are my wins so far. I was so bummed that I missed out on the ASM #300 9.6 White Pages yesterday.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 CGC 9.6 NM+

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #315 CGC 9.8 NM/MT

DAREDEVIL #183 CGC 9.4 NM

GHOST RIDER #73 CGC 9.6 NM

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #199 CGC 9.2 NM-

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #201 CGC 9.6 NM+

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #205 CGC 9.6 NM+

LOIS LANE ANNUAL #1 CGC 6.0 FN

MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #1 CGC 9.8 NM/MT

IRON MAN #128 CGC 9.8 has taken a massive haircut since a copy sold for $2000+ awhile ago.

This most recent copy sold for $522

Whoever paid $2000 just lost about 75%

It used to sell for $1000+ a short time ago, in fact a copy sold for $1320 on September 30, 2008

Last GPA sale ............ a mere $263

Captain America Annual #8 used to command over $500 regularly

Last GPA sale ............ down to $154

Moderns are just getting crushed . Soon there will be a "buyers strike" against all moderns because buyers fear losing money on their books, or just because they know if they wait, the price will be lower next month

When it comes to Marvel & DC in the copper and modern age, the print runs are simply too large. Just about anything "rare" in 9.8 will explode once a big sale occurs.

I was so bummed that I missed out on the ASM #300 9.6 White Pages yesterday.

Don't be. I can say with 100% assurance that you will get many, many more opportunities to buy another ASM #300 9.6 White Pages.

This most recent copy sold for $522, which is still $500 too much.

Whoever paid $2000 just lost about 75% clearly had no understanding of the number of pristine copies of this book that exist

It used to sell for $1000+ a short time ago, in fact a copy sold for $1320 on September 30, 2008 also had no understanding of the number of pristine copies of this book that exist.

Last GPA sale ............ a mere $263 which is still $250 too much.

Fixed that for you.

The polarizing continues:

For the JLAs, the final prices for top census books made my eyes bleed.

Everything else was a bargain.

Even Neal Adams.

Will save specifics for the Silver JLA forum (no sense boring the Zombies here).

I ended up with 3 up-grades & 3 new entries after bids on over 50 books...20 of the bids were serious..

meh.

Rick

Won one Bronze Age key, and missed out on another. The GS X-Men # 1 in CGC 9.6 OW/W went for $1,666, an all time GPA low....I didn't bother to bid for some reason. :boo:
Wow, I guess I will finally buy one :o

After day 2, it seems more and more apparent, the market is correcting. My wins so far:

ASM 5 CGC 5.0 OW $321

ASM 14 CGC 5.0 OW $245

Cap 195 CGC 9.8 $92

FF 6 4.5 CGC $293

G.I. Combat 87 PGX 4.0 $122

House of Secrets 92 CGC 8.0 $300

Journey into Mystery 116 PGX 7.5 $44

After day 2, it seems more and more apparent, the market is correcting. My wins so far:

ASM 5 CGC 5.0 OW $321

ASM 14 CGC 5.0 OW $245

Cap 195 CGC 9.8 $92

FF 6 4.5 CGC $293

G.I. Combat 87 PGX 4.0 $122

House of Secrets CGC 8.0 $300

Journey into Mystery 116 PGX 7.5 $44

Yeah...correcting.... :insane:

plane-crash.jpg

The polarizing continues:

For the JLAs, the final prices for top census books made my eyes bleed.

Everything else was a bargain.

Even Neal Adams.

Will save specifics for the Silver JLA forum (no sense boring the Zombies here).

I ended up with 3 up-grades & 3 new entries after bids on over 50 books...20 of the bids were serious..

meh.

Rick

i threw in 2 half-hearted bids and 5 serious ones and was only in the ballpark once.