• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink auction results.

246 posts in this topic

Also noticed the ASM 39 CGC 9.4 dropped to about $2400 when GPA was at $3500 for this book.

I noticed that one as well. The soft price may have been related to the ugly grease pencil arrival date on the cover.

You know the funny thing about this book? It used to be the Ohio 9.2 which I sold in August for $2200, which was a HUGE price for a 9.2. It seems that it has now lost the Ohio designation after it was pressed and resubbed. $2200 for a 9.2 with that FUGLY grease pencil date was huge but $2700 for a 9.4 with same is pretty weak. The buyer made a few bucks but I assume considerably less than expected.

asm39.jpg

asm39-1.jpg

Awesome...let's lose a books history and provenance for a few frigging dollars. The fact it isn't labelled an Ohio is a shame, intolerable and disgusting. I can't imagine why I despise pressing.

Jim

That is a shame. Sucks that a book has to lose its ped so some knucklehead can make a few extra greenbacks

What BS. Why would they do this, for a few hundred dollars?This is why I prefer collectors to flippers and dealers. I would have been happy having the 9.2 Ohio copy with white pages..

Does really surprise anyone? Hell...it's been going on for awhile. The Northland Hulk King Size Special #1 comes immediately to mind...and that was years ago...

Jim

Also noticed the ASM 39 CGC 9.4 dropped to about $2400 when GPA was at $3500 for this book.

I noticed that one as well. The soft price may have been related to the ugly grease pencil arrival date on the cover.

You know the funny thing about this book? It used to be the Ohio 9.2 which I sold in August for $2200, which was a HUGE price for a 9.2. It seems that it has now lost the Ohio designation after it was pressed and resubbed. $2200 for a 9.2 with that FUGLY grease pencil date was huge but $2700 for a 9.4 with same is pretty weak. The buyer made a few bucks but I assume considerably less than expected.

asm39.jpg

asm39-1.jpg

Awesome...let's lose a books history and provenance for a few frigging dollars. The fact it isn't labelled an Ohio is a shame, intolerable and disgusting. I can't imagine why I despise pressing.

Jim

That is a shame. Sucks that a book has to lose its ped so some knucklehead can make a few extra greenbacks

What BS. Why would they do this, for a few hundred dollars?This is why I prefer collectors to flippers and dealers. I would have been happy having the 9.2 Ohio copy with white pages..

Does really surprise anyone? Hell...it's been going on for awhile. The Northland Hulk King Size Special #1 comes immediately to mind...and that was years ago...

Jim

And it was re-desiganted. I wouldn't mind having that book, actually.

asm39.jpg

asm39-1.jpg

Jim

Jim

And it was re-desiganted. I wouldn't mind having that book, actually.

True...but it took it being revealed before an excuse was offered and the redesignation pursued...

Jim

I have a question, If someone buys a raw pedigree has it pressed, then gets it slabbed, would it keep its pedigree designated?

Yes

Jim

...as long as you can prove it was a pedigree. The pressing doesn't hurt the ped status, it's whether or not you can prove it's lineage with documentation, etc. whether before or after it was pressed is irrelevant.

I have a question, If someone buys a raw pedigree has it pressed, then gets it slabbed, would it keep its pedigree designated?

Yes

Jim

...as long as you can prove it was a pedigree. The pressing doesn't hurt the ped status, it's whether or not you can prove it's lineage with documentation, etc. whether before or after it was pressed is irrelevant.

Well that goes without saying...you must be able to prove it's a pedigree. CGC isn't likely to take your word on it...

Unless you find a pallet of comics hidden in the back that you cherry-picked years beforehand from the Mile High 2 Collection... :sick:

And yes I know it's not a pedigree...

Jim

Yes

Jim

Well that goes without saying...you must be able to prove it's a pedigree. CGC isn't likely to take your word on it...

Unless you find a pallet of comics hidden in the back that you cherry-picked years beforehand from the Mile High 2 Collection... :sick:

Jim

But the books did come with certificates. :baiting:

Just wanted to clarify for the audience as 8milemax seemed unclear.

(thumbs u

Ya I should of been more clear on that. Thanks Roy for the help :)

Glad to help.

With some peds the original person that brought the books to market can provide authenticity. I know that John Hauser sometimes gets phone calls about the Curator books if the submitter bought the books directly from him

With others simply a cert is enough or receipts showing chain of ownership.

Every situation will be different but since CGC is responsible for the ped. designations on their labels to start with they are interested in preserving them as long as somehow people can prove the books authenticity.

R.

Yes

Jim

Jim

But the books did come with certificates. :baiting:

Yes they did...which makes the whole endeavour even more suspect...

It was incredible CGC fell for the act...

Jim

So, has anyone contacted Comic Link to let them know so the information can be passed to the winner along with a scan showing the pedigree designation so the book might possibly be re-designated?

That's what I thought.

So, has anyone contacted Comic Link to let them know so the information can be passed to the winner along with a scan showing the pedigree designation so the book might possibly be re-designated?

That's what I thought.

Have you?

:makepoint: