• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #299

12 posts in this topic

9.6 Nice cover I used to own the original cover art for this comic I eventually sold it for a hefty price. I also had some other really cool stuff from Todd McFarlane. He is a great artist, too bad he doesn't draw Spider-man anymore.

I agree this book looks like a 9.8 but for some reason it just seems impossible to get them to see that unless it's perfect, but then if it's perfect it should get a 10??? 10 doesn't exist on the scale at least not to often, it does have its rare appearances every now and then. You'll have better luck finding Bigfoot shooting a coil out his @$$ in the middle of the woods than you are to receive a 10 for your book. Apparently it has to be only touched by an angel, give me a break. There are a lot of under graded comics that are worth buying especially the 9.4-9.6's because it in a lot of cases wont get any better than that. I see people buying the 9.4's and 9.6's and bet they are re-sending them in because it is extremely hard to distinguish from the next grade most times and people will turn them in to be re-graded for the higher result and some will get the higher result, but be careful it could also go the other way. I collect for both reasons monetary value as well as enjoying the collection especially the fantastic art on the covers. Just my 10 or 12 cents worth.

Colugo :)

The difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8 is determined by whether the grader got laid the night before or not. If he has a hangover, expect a 9.4...

IMO, anything in the 9.4+ area is a complete crapshoot, and 10's are given as favors. Ask Valiantman or 'ol Chucky from Mile High.....I'm SURE they'd disagree, which only underscores my point.