• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone going to Portland Oregon Comic Convention ?

92 posts in this topic

If a group of boardies plan to get together, I'll be there. Otherwise, I'll have to pass.

http://www.portlandcomicbookshow.com/

How are you Dan?

Royce(designer toast),Mike(senormac) and myself will be there.Mike has other plans so probaly a short visit for him.

I will be getting signatures on Niks animation cel from as many boardies as possible.After it is signed it will be framed and given to his kids.A worthy cause.I would love to add your auto!

Dennis

Hi Dennis. All is going well. Looks like we'll be sans Royce. I'll keep an eye out for you and Mike. I'd be honored to sign the cel.

Dan

Well, last week I was scheduled to have the time off to go to this show. I'm sure you can see where this is going...yep...got told literally 10 minutes ago I could not have the time off. :censored: Top it off with this: I was on a waiting list for a table and got an e-mail offering me a table, which I paid for last night. meh

If I leave work and cruise up the show, I won't be there until 5PM so there's no point in going. I hope everyone else has a great time there. (thumbs u

That blows.... :sorry:

:mad: <----------------------- Royce ain't happy today and needs a job with weekends off.

Well, last week I was scheduled to have the time off to go to this show. I'm sure you can see where this is going...yep...got told literally 10 minutes ago I could not have the time off. :censored: Top it off with this: I was on a waiting list for a table and got an e-mail offering me a table, which I paid for last night. meh

If I leave work and cruise up the show, I won't be there until 5PM so there's no point in going. I hope everyone else has a great time there. (thumbs u

:mad: <----------------------- Royce ain't happy today and needs a job with weekends off.

Show up on Sunday and I'll buy you dinner and drinks. Do it!!!!

I'll be there :baiting:

You bought that Shazam 1 so I'm doubting your sanity. I don't hang with freaks.

:cry:

And didn't come to me??? The SHAZAM man!!! I am... speechless!

Hey all. I've got just a few pictures. There was some general confusion all around as Danny, Dennis, and I didn't know what aardvark88 or mastercntrl looked like but we had no problem spotting greggy. lol Since he's famous already, we didn't bother with YAGP.

The attendence seemed a little lower than usual but people were buying.

Danny and I signing the cell with Dennis looking on.

Danny_Dennis.jpg

I must have poofed or something since Dennis was backing away :baiting:

Dan_Dennis.jpg

The cell:

Niks_Cell.jpg

Dennis and Danny waiting around... As usual, there is a large contingent of Star Wars costumes around.

Dennis_Danny.jpg

And here are most of us at the Great Izzy's

Lunner.jpg

Great to meet Mastercontrol, dunefan (Dan) and dwip99 (Dennis) at Izzy's with the freshly grilled St Louis style ribs, teryaki salmon, fresh fruit, soup, chicken, etc. Seems like Izzy's actually has a liquor license and brew on tap.

I thought the comicon was crowded as usual but the cashflow was not as strong for some of the dealers that drove in from afar. I will post a few pics once I get back to the great White North state of Canada. :baiting:

Great to meet Mastercontrol, dunefan (Dan) and dwip99 (Danny) at Izzy's with the freshly grilled St Louis style ribs, teryaki salmon, fresh fruit, soup, chicken, etc. Seems like Izzy's actually has a liquor license and brew on tap.

I thought the comicon was crowded as usual but the cashflow was not as strong for some of the dealers that drove in from afar. I will post a few pics once I get back to the great White North state of Canada. :baiting:

I fixed the name for you. I am Danny, Dennis is the The Shadow knows. it was great meeting you and your friends for a late lunch.

Thanks Dan for posting the pics and hanging out while I walked in circles getting distracted by random boxes of .50 books.

Danny

Great to meet Mastercontrol, dunefan (Dan) and dwip99 (Danny) at Izzy's with the freshly grilled St Louis style ribs, teryaki salmon, fresh fruit, soup, chicken, etc. Seems like Izzy's actually has a liquor license and brew on tap.

I fixed the name for you. I am Danny, Dennis is the The Shadow knows. it was great meeting you and your friends for a late lunch.

Thanks Dan for posting the pics and hanging out while I walked in circles getting distracted by random boxes of .50 books.

Danny

I was good to see the Oregon Board Mafia again lol.Meet Billy Galaxy and of course the board Legend Greggy (worship) who was to his part to make the show profitable for a couple dealers.

PGX was there with absolutely NO ONE at there booth.Just made me smile. Their former resto guy Ryan Elliott was there.Wonder who he was stealing from this year.

Seemed a lot of table were 50 % off by 1:30.so I dont know how good of a show it was.

A new promoter in May so I might do a table to find out how thats going to work.

All in all a good time catching up.

Dennis

Hey all. I've got just a few pictures. There was some general confusion all around as Danny, Dennis, and I didn't know what aardvark88 or mastercntrl looked like but we had no problem spotting greggy. lol Since he's famous already, we didn't bother with YAGP.

The attendence seemed a little lower than usual but people were buying.

Danny and I signing the cell with Dennis looking on.

Danny_Dennis.jpg

I must have poofed or something since Dennis was backing away :baiting:

Dan had to give you some of the limelight as im going to be the star of that video (:

Dan_Dennis.jpg

The cell:

Niks_Cell.jpg

Dennis and Danny waiting around... As usual, there is a large contingent of Star Wars costumes around.

Dennis_Danny.jpg

And here are most of us at the Great Izzy's

Lunner.jpg

Danny

I was good to see the Oregon Board Mafia again lol.Meet Billy Galaxy and of course the board Legend Greggy (worship) who was to his part to make the show profitable for a couple dealers.

PGX was there with absolutely NO ONE at there booth.Just made me smile. Their former resto guy Ryan Elliott was there.Wonder who he was stealing from this year.

Seemed a lot of table were 50 % off by 1:30.so I dont know how good of a show it was.

A new promoter in May so I might do a table to find out how thats going to work.

All in all a good time catching up.

Dennis

Yeah I was glad Greggy got to meet me. Now his life is complete (thumbs u