• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEHOLD . . . BLACK LOTUS

106 posts in this topic

please. That would involve pausing your game of street fighter 4 ;):foryou:

True, but comparing Magic to Street Fighter is like comparing glee club to the football team. :grin:

I think D&D is a better comparison. Because come to think of it, ALL the guys I played magic with in college turned into (already were I guess) major stoners. Smoke a bowl, cast a goblin. Rinse wash repeat lol

please. That would involve pausing your game of street fighter 4 ;):foryou:

True, but comparing Magic to Street Fighter is like comparing glee club to the football team. :grin:

I think D&D is a better comparison. Because come to think of it, ALL the guys I played magic with in college turned into (already were I guess) major stoners. Smoke a bowl, cast a goblin. Rinse wash repeat lol

lol

Btw speaking of SF 4, the PS3 slim is out, and the price dropped to $299. Also, Super SF 4 is coming out in the spring. Take the leap so that we can get some epic battles going. :wishluck:

I know I won't have the time to get good at it. So the battles probably won't be too epic, but they'd be fun. Did you find you need an arcade style joystick for it?

I am tempted to pick one up sometime although it seems like a waste given I don't even play the systems I do have, much. Listen to me waffle! lol I guess I will have to pick one up pretty soon. It was always one of my favourite games.

You'd be surprised how fast you can get good, especially if you have a history with the franchise. A couple of quick bouts a night, and you'll be good in no time.

I use the d-pad on the regular controller. I bought a stick, but after playing on consoles for years after my arcade days (SSF II on the Genesis and SNES) I lost my coordination with a stick. I could get good with it again, but I don't want to put the time in. If you're starting fresh (haven't played for years), jump in with the stick. but be sure to buy a decent one. A good stick player will beat a good pad player every time.

Either way, it would be fun. I promise to use the characters I suck with (Chun-Li). lol

Magic has a really nerdy fantasy front but at its core, magic is just poker. Its why phil ivey is the best poker player in the world.

I worked in a comic store when i was a kid that held magic pro tour qualifiers. It was a really fun game but i never told anyone at school i played lol . I sold my beta moxes and unlimted lotus in '98 for 1700$ and bought a '66 ford galaxie. :cloud9: good memories .