• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's things like this....

21 posts in this topic

From what I've been reading lately, foxing doesn't take off too many grade points and maybe the tear at the spine was a printing defect..??

Pretty sure the tear wasn't from printing, but CGC must have counted it as such. :censored:

This is nothing compared to other raw books I have sold that were subsequently slabbed at higher numbers, but it's still annoying. Just one more push to keep me from selling anything in high grade raw. Virtually all of my nice books go through CGC now. Got sick of pressers taking dollars out of my pocket. Nothing against, them, but I would rather have the profit riding on my hip than on their's.

Good point. can't understand why dealers at conventions or in their stores sell high grade raws that would sell much higher slabbed. I honestly believe the biggest issue is that

most ppl have problems grading.

But even the ones that can grade still get affected by this "if it's raw something is wrong with it" attitude. Some people still like to sell raw books. There is nothing wrong with that.

Then again some are probably afraid to grade too high for fear the book might come back a lower grade and for sure the buyer will complain. Catch 22.

I have that problem with moderns. I just can't bring myself to grade a raw modern 9.6 or higher.