• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sonic the Hedgehog

18 posts in this topic

rare underordered book in the 1990`s. While everyone was hoarding,bagging and boarding Image, kids actually read this book and it has grown into a cult hit.

Yep. More interest at shows than you would expect.

Does anyone want any of my high grade copies between 75-120? I think I have 11 of them, they are (off the top of my head) the $30-35 issues in Wizard. Not expecting that at all, but if some of you are collecting the run PM me...

public service announcement over...

Good afternoon everyone,

Not sure what I've got here, so I'd appreciate any help. Reminds me a lot of the Atari Force comics that were given away with Atari games in the early 80s (this measures much less than a standard comic). Did Sega do something similar? Don't think it's listed in Overstret.

Sonic.jpg

Cover date is Fall, 1991, which predates Sonic #0 (Feb., '93) and puts it closer to the UK gaming magazine mentioned a few posts ago.

The cover price is throwing me as a game giveaway wouldn't have a price, would it?

Good afternoon everyone,

Not sure what I've got here, so I'd appreciate any help. Reminds me a lot of the Atari Force comics that were given away with Atari games in the early 80s (this measures much less than a standard comic). Did Sega do something similar? Don't think it's listed in Overstret.

Sonic.jpg

Cover date is Fall, 1991, which predates Sonic #0 (Feb., '93) and puts it closer to the UK gaming magazine mentioned a few posts ago.

The cover price is throwing me as a game giveaway wouldn't have a price, would it?

:takeit:

Well, here's a copy of the first page. That blue bubble-looking background is part of the comic.

sonic_page.jpg

I also see that Mile High is selling it as an ashcan.

Now, I realize that it's Mile High we're talking about here, but it's got me tempted to throw it on the 'bay and see what kind of interest is out there (couldn't find one the last time I looked).

If the price is $300 then the real price they sell it for is usually 20-35% of that. So they would probably sell it for $60-$105 and then another 20% off or whatever with the codeword of the week. That could be market or who knows, but I guess it is a good starting point.

Well, here's a copy of the first page. That blue bubble-looking background is part of the comic.

sonic_page.jpg

I also see that Mile High is selling it as an ashcan.

Now, I realize that it's Mile High we're talking about here, but it's got me tempted to throw it on the 'bay and see what kind of interest is out there (couldn't find one the last time I looked).

Mile high and mycomicshop our both on ebay,actually with Milehigh they are cheaper on Ebay even with that codeword on thier site.