• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10-24 Con Report Lots of Pics

24 posts in this topic

Tinley Park, Illinois, Saturday, 10-24-2009 .

Dan (Nuffsaidxxx) and Michael

IMG_1689.jpg

Our very owm Michael Schmidt (mschmidt) with his first setup.

IMG_1690.jpg

mschmidt had a nice eclectic mix to offer

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

Anybody here old enough to remember these....

IMG_1693.jpg

Brad (klozd24seven) was excited to be setup at the show....

IMG_1696.jpg

Brad had a wide selection of many variants and hard to get Moderns

IMG_1695.jpg

I remember the Atari 2600. Man, to be excited over Pong, Combat and Break Out again.

Wow, for whatever reason, I'm surprised mschmidt is white.

I see Brad is hard at work as usual. Great pictures, Bob. Thank you.

I remember the Atari 2600. Man, to be excited over Pong, Combat and Break Out again.

I'm not only white, but scandinavian pale-as-the-driven-snow-white :gossip:

Great pictures, Bob - thanks for sharing!

That's funny cause I pictured him to be exactly as he looks. Teutonic for sure.

i don't really picture anyone as anything.

nice pics. i dig that jacket!

I pictured you a lot older... and smarter.

I pictured him even older & smarter than you did.

well, just understand that i try to dumb it down for you guys in person. even with your fancy touchscreen handhelds, it's hard to keep a conversation going if the people you're talking with are looking things up every other sentence

well, just understand that i try to dumb it down for you guys in person. even with your fancy touchscreen handhelds, it's hard to keep a conversation going if the people you're talking with are looking things up every other sentence

lol

Sal, the usual pack was assembled at dinner in Charlotte this year.

A classic moment was when I looked down the length of the table at all these folks addressing not each other but rather their respective fancy touchscreen handhelds; their wide-eyed faces aglow in the darkened steak house from the electronic touchscreens staring back at them.

They talk to each other online every day.

They gather to break bread & socialize in person once or twice a year, typically requiring the travel of great distance to do so, at considerable expense to purse, friends, family, & work.

But when they assemble at repast, they repair to the quiet & comfortable solitude of the internet.

lol

Sal, the usual pack was assembled at dinner in Charlotte this year.

A classic moment was when I looked down the length of the table at all these folks addressing not each other but rather their respective fancy touchscreen handhelds; their wide-eyed faces aglow in the darkened steak house from the electronic touchscreens staring back at them.

They talk to each other online every day.

They gather to break bread & socialize in person once or twice a year, typically requiring the travel of great distance to do so, at considerable expense to purse, friends, family, & work.

But when they assemble at repast, they repair to the quite & comfortable solitude of the internet.

lol

the Internet really is the perfect interpersonal communication pathway for many people, ain't it