• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Distracting feature of cased comics

7 posts in this topic

I own 6 CGC comics. They are all 9.4 or better. They are all from the 1970's. The one's from the early 70's look really great inside the CGC case. The one's from the late 70's all have this warp to the front cover caused by the plastic. I believe this is because they are smaller in size and a bit thinner so the plastic doesn't fit snug inside the case and causes it to be wavy. (I hope I'm explaining myself correctly). Comics never have this wave when they are bag and boarded because they are nice and tight inside where ares I guess the plastic in the CGC case isn't being forced onto the comic so it doesn't look perfectly flat. But the older comics are nice and flat because they are a bit bigger and are more snug. I assume this is commonplacce. My question is over time will this effect the comic in some way, maybe slightly warp the cover?

welcome to the boards! i think might be a question for the "ask CGC" thread. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif unless joe_collector or other forum members might have some insight. thumbsup2.gif

Why would JC specifically have some insight on this? Is he big on CGC case construction and I just missed it?

welcome to the boards! i think might be a question for the "ask CGC" thread. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif unless joe_collector or other forum members might have some insight. thumbsup2.gif

Why would JC specifically have some insight on this? Is he big on CGC case construction and I just missed it?

Joe knows CGC cases!

jealous? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif JC is a HUGE BA purists.

Huh? What would I be jealous of? What are you talking about? I just thought it was weird (and it's even weirder now with that "jealous?" comment.) I mean, what does JC's status as a "BA purists" [sic] have to do with his knowledge of CGC cases? To me, BronzeBruce or someone else who actually collects CGC books would be a more logical choice. But, whatever...