• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales 85.....sharp copy.

12 posts in this topic

This is a book that I was going to have pressed , slabbed , and auctioned, but decided to offer it here first in the raw( the book, not me). The book came from the R.J. Long original owner collection and has INCREDIBLE gloss. It was board graded at 8.0/8.5 and I'm certain it would fetch 8.5 with a pressing. It has a fairly significant wave in the lower left area and a couple of very slight tears...all visible in the pics. This one doesn't turn up often in nice shape. The price is $ 550 plus shipping if anyone is interested. I loaned a buddy some money towards his taxes against the sale of the book and can't really come down any.I must admit I'm tempted to keep it myself...it's pretty. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0002-11.jpg

ST85.jpg

scan0001-9.jpg

ST85B.jpg

P.S. Pages are cream to off white....cover stock is almost white.

The R.J. Long's only have average PQ....but the gloss and suppleness of the cover stock is insane. The pictures just can't capture it. The collection had a 9.2 ASM 1 in it.....all the books were stored in hat boxes and apple crates (hence the occasional wave). It always amazes me when books are tossed in a garage or attic for 40 years and still turn out sharp. GOD BLESS...

Wow Jimbo! Don't think I've EVER seen that particular book in that kind of shape. :golfclap:

If it doesn't sell here I'll probably bring it to the Richmond show on Sunday. If I see you, you can check it out first hand .The collection was deep in pre heros....dozens of them. The Metallo issue was probably a 9.4.GOD BLESS...

Wow Jimbo! Don't think I've EVER seen that particular book in that kind of shape. :golfclap:

If it doesn't sell here I'll probably bring it to the Richmond show on Sunday. If I see you, you can check it out first hand .The collection was deep in pre heros....dozens of them. The Metallo issue was probably a 9.4.GOD BLESS...

You mean the 21/22 show? Or is there a smaller show this Sunday I'm not aware of?

21/22 of course. I'd like to make Saturday also to hear Rozanski talk about the Mile High collection....but Sunday might be the only day I can make it.GOD BLESS...

It's one of those books that you really don't want to sell....and considering I have it priced at a slab level, it may NOT sell. lol GOD BLESS...