• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANNOUNCING: Gillian Anderson X-Files Signing Event November 14th

35 posts in this topic

Yes, kiddos, you read it right! If you're an X-Files fan drooling for the chance to add an official Gillian Anderson signature to your CGC SS comic, here is your chance. While it will not be cheap, the proceeds are all going to charity, so keep reading!

On Saturday, November 14th, there is a "Celebration of the X-Files" Charity Q&A panel and Autograph session happening in Los Angeles at the Beverly Wilshire hotel. Panelists scheduled to attend include:

Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully)

Mitch Pileggi (AD Skinner)

Rob Bowman (Producer/director of several episodes)

Frank Spotnitz (Producer)

After this Q&A panel, all the panelists, including Gillian, have agreed to sign for a limited number of VIP ticket holders. I have procured a few of these tickets and have been approved to take a VERY limited amount of submissions. Please note that I am working on getting more spots and may get those spots the day of the event, so I will be taking in books on a waitlist basis as well, in hopes of getting them all signed at the event.

I am also working on getting a few slots with just Gillian Anderson's signature, so here is the pricing:

1 Modern comic, signed by all 4 guests, CGC graded, total cost of $225 includes signing fees, witness fee, grading fee, and return shipping to a US address. International customers will pay more depending on address.

1 Modern comic, signed by only Gillian Anderson, CGC graded, total cost of $175 includes signing fee, witness fee, and grading fee only. Return shipping is more. Currently, there is a wait list for this option and no guarantee that this will be filled.

Because the event is Saturday, November 14th, I need the books IN HAND by Thursday, November 12th at the VERY LATEST. You *MUST* PM me first before submitting any book, and if you are planning to submit more than 1 book, I must know which book is your top choice, in case I can only get that 1 book signed.

All books can be mailed to the following address:

Joel Elad

5694 Mission Center Rd, #602-444

San Diego, CA 92108

As some of you know, Ms. Anderson makes VERY few public appearances, so get in on this while you can. The truth is out there!

Joel

Founded in late 2008, IBG established an official non-profit campaign focusing on utilizing the power of philanthropy through the arts to benefit a wide range of charities worldwide. IBG acts as a “fundraiser facilitator” for underfunded and start-up charities that would otherwise struggle with the logistics and costs associated with event fundraising.

Gillian's chosen charity is called Fezeka:

Fezeka, A Song of Pride: a Film and a Community

Fezeka's Voice is a film that tells the true story of one man's devotion to his township, his school and his choir. For 12 years, Phume has been teaching the children at Fezeka high school, not just how to sing, but how to live. With dedication and spirit he gives them focus, pride and joy in a country that's still living with the residue that apartheid left behind.

Every DVD pre-order or donation goes towards finishing the film which gives children the opportunity to go to university and pursue their talents and dreams.

"This is a really incredible choir in South Africa that the Salisbury Cathedral community has helped with scholarships after their visit here. The man who leads the choir is a force of nature and has turned out some incredible human beings in the process." -- Gillian Anderson

How to Help: Visit Fezeka.com for more information.

UPDATE: The good news is that creator Chris Carter has signed onto this event as an extra guest! So, anyone who submitted a book is getting Carter as an extra signature for free. The bad news is that Mitch Pileggi had to cancel due to a death in the family.

My Gillian-only slots are taken, but I've still got 1, maybe 2, slots left to get Gillian Anderson, Chris Carter, Rob Bowman, and Frank Spotnitz to sign your X-Files comic, if you are interested... You gotta get the book to me by Thursday, though! :)

Joel

Well, I'm back from the event, and I am happy to say that ALL of the books that I took with me to get signed were signed. The event went off pretty well, and I really have to give thanks to fingerprint.ink (Jesse) and Spdreycer (Rey) who attended the event with me and helped get the books signed. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics at this time, but I'm getting one pic from the organizers that I can't wait to show off. :) I'll try to get scans to those of you who submitted a book, and if you give me permission, I'll post it here on the threads. They were all very nice and accommodating, and Gillian even commented on whether some of the comics were first prints, and asked me why Topps chose to use certain covers, as well as other stuff... :)

Thanks again to everyone who submitted.

Joel