• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ink transfer?

6 posts in this topic

I have a Marvel Premiere 15 and a TOS 64 and both of them look like they were placed on another copy of the same issue before the inks were dry. This resulted in the transfer of some of the other copy's image onto my copy. It's unquestionably a production defect, just wondering if anyone knows how CGC handles this. Really looking to hear from someone who owns a slabbed book with this defect, or has subbed a book with this defect. I am planning to send in a couple of these issues and my decision to slab or not may be based on the answer I get here, so please no guesswork or opinions.

Here is the back of another book I have with the same defect, to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Thanks!

tos63bk.jpg

I'm not sure CGC would treat this as a production defect - it's really no different than having unbagged books stacked tightly in a humid environment which would result in a similar ink transfer.

That's probably true, but they basically ignore spine tears from production, and those aren't any different than post-market spine tears.

How do you know the book wasn't stacked unbagged in a pile for many years. Due to humidity or what not the ink from the book next to it transfered during storage. This summer I submitted a book with the same problem it was an X-Men 104 and it had part of a Power Man transfer on the book. It did not pass a 9.6, and the book looked 9.8.

Guys, respect the OP's wishes:

I am planning to send in a couple of these issues and my decision to slab or not may be based on the answer I get here, so please no guesswork or opinions.

Guys, respect the OP's wishes:

I am planning to send in a couple of these issues and my decision to slab or not may be based on the answer I get here, so please no guesswork or opinions.

Thanks David.

I don't think this defect was from moisture. None of these books were stored in that kind of environment, and out of all the books I have purchased from this collection only a handful have this defect. They were all stored in the same place, so if there was post-production transfer it would have happened to more books than this. In fact, I have purchased multiple copies of the same issue (MP 15) and out of those only one had this defect.