• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Code

67 posts in this topic

CDNP is trickier - Crime was a feautured element in comics from the start - I forgot to even mention Detective Comics doh! I imagine what makes CDNP the first crime comic is that it focused on the criminals themselves and not on those that brought them to justice. Of course that definition would then preclude the private eye comics from the 50s as being "crime comics"

:whistle:

:whistle:

This book, as with the G-Men stories, and books like Detective Dan, Detective Ace King, and Bob Scully - all highlighted the crime-fighters rather than the criminals themselves - as di Detective Comics for the most part - though many of the covers featured only criminals.

Nice looking front cover with decent page quality though. Personally I'd take this copy over an unrestored 3.5 with front cover issues and tanning pages. Eye-appeal counts for a lot with classic covers in VG and under.