• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What`s the first appearance of Hellboy?

40 posts in this topic

two quesions now

so whats the going rate for Dime Press 4?

I just starting reading these Hellboy stories and damn they are good. his character has potential.

what other comic book character(other then Spawn) has debuted in the 1990`s and has two movies and a videogame? I can`t think of any.

If you love the paranormal. Hellboy is a super read. Mignola really knows how to keep readers glued to their seats with his storytelling.

I still maintain Hulk #180 is the first appearance. I've got one copy, a beater, to be clear. It's a full figure appearance, not hidden in the shadows, and he is named. (shrug)

Hey, then using that same logic, this is actually Wolverine's first appearance, or at the very least, ties for it...

89153.jpg.5540f41de00b496efae74da20b687309.jpg

I still maintain Hulk #180 is the first appearance. I've got one copy, a beater, to be clear. It's a full figure appearance, not hidden in the shadows, and he is named. (shrug)

Hey, then using that same logic, this is actually Wolverine's first appearance, or at the very least, ties for it...

I actually mentioned you a few posts back and the images in Iron Fist 13 of Wolverine and Sabertooth.

You're becoming too predictable. :insane:

But then you have Vince's argument that Iron Fist 13 is the REAL 1st appearance of Wolverine and Sabertooth as they are both advertised in the same issue, full-figure. I've never read this issue before, but it is very tempting to get a copy.

(Am I a bad person because every time I see "joe_collector" has the latest post, I hurry to click to see what havoc he's creating now...?)

;)

I hope not. It is the same visceral reaction I have to your posts. :whistle:

Ads don't count.

:sumo:

Ads don't count.

Sez you.

I'd prefer ads in true, mass market comics that according them to limited-print/RRP/convention special/etc. editions.

(Am I a bad person because every time I see "joe_collector" has the latest post, I hurry to click to see what havoc he's creating now...?)

;)

I hope not. It is the same visceral reaction I have to your posts. :whistle:

That's funny. I also have a visceral reaction to Rocky's posts. hm

griffin-puke.png

Is that #3?

In case anyone is interested http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280430691841&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It's not mine, but I found it funny CGC notes this as a PREVIEW to HELLBOY. lol

If thats a 9.8 I've got a raw book that is a 9.9,lotta stuff going on with the spine to be a 9.8 ???

In case anyone is interested http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280430691841&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If thats a 9.8 I've got a raw book that is a 9.9,lotta stuff going on with the spine to be a 9.8 ???

No kidding.

And what's with that brown small stain in the upper right-hand side. I'll tell you now that does now appear on these books.

How the heck did that book get a 9.8 grade?

No kidding.

And what's with that brown small stain in the upper right-hand side. I'll tell you now that does now appear on these books.

How the heck did that book get a 9.8 grade?

I think somebody had there palms ''greased'' :whistle:

I am still floored that someone convinced CGC to label Next Men 21 as the 1st appearance

That's because it is the first comic book appearance, as all these preview stuff doesn't really count or you're opening up a different can of worms. Imagine all the Marvel Age and DC Previews that actually had the first appearance of CA and MA characters?

To go down that road is pure insanity.

Been down that road before. JC is right, :ohnoez: pure pure insanity!

I am still floored that someone convinced CGC to label Next Men 21 as the 1st appearance

That's because it is the first comic book appearance, as all these preview stuff doesn't really count or you're opening up a different can of worms. Imagine all the Marvel Age and DC Previews that actually had the first appearance of CA and MA characters?

I would agree with you both if it was preview material like other titles have had in the past.

Vince spoke out of turn in this case without knowing what the content was, which is the first story ever with Hellboy in it. It never appeared again other than in reprint form as part of the TPB series.

It is not preview material.

I would agree with you both if it was preview material like other titles have had in the past.

Vince spoke out of turn in this case without knowing what the content was, which is the first story ever with Hellboy in it. It never appeared again other than in reprint form as part of the TPB series.

I do however think that dime4press is just a preview of a character that looks somewhat like Hellboy and should not be deemed a 1st app. of Hellboy

I do however think that dime4press is just a preview of a character that looks somewhat like Hellboy and should not be deemed a 1st app. of Hellboy

Totally agree!