• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do Anti-Pressers HATE pressing?

1,017 posts in this topic

No I don't find it ridiculous.i find it completely absurd I am having this conversation as an adult with another adult.

And your definition of a couple is misleading. There's a fine line between annoying and funny, work on that

But continue with your theories, someone better than will come along and make a more eloquent post on the subject and you focus on them

The difference between annoying and funny is personal preference. I find one post some do endlessly annoying but some can go on endlessly and I never stop laughing.

In any of the cases it is never okay to pile-on as a group and attack someone because you found their funny to be annoying.

It isn't a theory, it is what is going on. You say it is absurd that you are having this conversation with another adult - I feel the same way. The difference here is I am defending myself while you are justifying your negative actions.

It wasn't as if one comment was made to tell me that I was not funny, there was a group attack to belittle me over the course of several pages. Piling on and sniping with mean spirited comments in-between people trying to have a conversation on pressing. It could have been dropped multiple times but people could not resist them temptation to be mean.

However, when I respond because I feel I am being treated unfairly - I am irrational and childish. That is ridiculous.

As I said before, if those of you reading this have a problem with what's being posted, you should bring those complaints to moderation. Not being sarcastic in any way. Complaints to moderation are what gets responded to, so if what is happening bothers you, say something about, whether through notify or via PM. That's the only way it can be addressed by moderation. They can't fix what they aren't aware of.

Frankly, I prefer discussing the ins and outs of pressing and the greater market, myself, but the side chatter doesn't bother, and never has bothered, me, but if it bothers others, say something.

After all...the ones causing the problems are already complaining. Why not offer a bit of a balance?

I'm going to hit notify on my own post.

Let me let me...wait why am I hitting it...but I have been dying to hit something for awhile

Class of 2013 again. lol

I got held back a year. :sumo:

Moms notified for piling on, and sweeping general statement

Moms notified...word to your ...

lol

I'll only get worried if they start notifying grandmas...

As I said before, if those of you reading this have a problem with what's being posted, you should bring those complaints to moderation. Not being sarcastic in any way. Complaints to moderation are what gets responded to, so if what is happening bothers you, say something about, whether through notify or via PM. That's the only way it can be addressed by moderation. They can't fix what they aren't aware of.

Frankly, I prefer discussing the ins and outs of pressing and the greater market, myself, but the side chatter doesn't bother, and never has bothered, me, but if it bothers others, say something.

After all...the ones causing the problems are already complaining. Why not offer a bit of a balance?

Let me let me...wait why am I hitting it...but I have been dying to hit something for awhile

You know...this could be taken a different way than you...um...nevermind. :):baiting:

In case someone needs a roadmap on where we are

Stage 1 - seek attention

Stage 2 - act surprised

Stage 3 - defend thyself

Stage 4 - accuse group of action (current stage - verb used "piling on"

Stage 5 - bring out the B word (bullying)

Stage 6 - falllout

Stage 1 - seek attention

Stage 2 - act surprised

Stage 3 - defend thyself

Stage 6 - falllout

meh-straw-GIF.gif' alt='yeahok.gif.2c943c5feccdfcb35fdda0336711a3a8.gif' alt='meh'>-straw-GIF.gif'>

Stage 1 - seek attention

Stage 2 - act surprised

Stage 3 - defend thyself

Stage 6 - falllout

I didn't seek attention, I wanted to have fun like everyone else. My jokes fell flat, so sue me. Why is it a bad thing that I wanted to make fun of the situation like so many others did? I didn't call anyone out at first, nor did I post anything offensive or callous. It was rather innocent, but clearly enraged so many.

I am surprised at all the negative attention it received given the people doing the poking are notorious derailers.

I am defending myself and I should - this whole thing isn't okay.

I haven't used that word, you did.

I am not sure what "fallout" would be other than when the mods eventually get involved.

Why do some of you feel the need to totally derail this thread? This directionless argument has been going on for pages and pages, it doesn't even resemble a thread about anything anymore.

Maybe one of you should try being the bigger person and let someone else have the last word so we can all move on. Just a suggestion.

No I don't find it ridiculous.i find it completely absurd I am having this conversation as an adult with another adult.

And your definition of a couple is misleading. There's a fine line between annoying and funny, work on that

But continue with your theories, someone better than will come along and make a more eloquent post on the subject and you focus on them

The difference between annoying and funny is personal preference. I find one post some do endlessly annoying but some can go on endlessly and I never stop laughing.

In any of the cases it is never okay to pile-on as a group and attack someone because you found their funny to be annoying.

It isn't a theory, it is what is going on. You say it is absurd that you are having this conversation with another adult - I feel the same way. The difference here is I am defending myself while you are justifying your negative actions.

Do you notice you ..yes you are the only person who thought you were funny

Does that not say anything to you??

I mean I know you will just get your panties more tightly bunched and your butt more firmly hurt

Sorry

Why do some of you feel the need to totally derail this thread? This directionless argument has been going on for pages and pages, it doesn't even resemble a thread about anything anymore.

Maybe one of you should try being the bigger person and let someone else have the last word so we can all move on. Just a suggestion.

Done

You know...this could be taken a different way than you...um...nevermind. :):baiting:

I may or may not hit that ...it's a personal choice..don't judge

Stage 1 - seek attention

Stage 2 - act surprised

Stage 3 - defend thyself

Stage 6 - falllout

I didn't seek attention, I wanted to have fun like everyone else. My jokes fell flat, so sue me. Why is it a bad thing that I wanted to make fun of the situation like so many others did? I didn't call anyone out at first, nor did I post anything offensive or callous. It was rather innocent, but clearly enraged so many.

I am surprised at all the negative attention it received given the people doing the poking are notorious derailers.

I am defending myself and I should - this whole thing isn't okay.

I haven't used that word, you did.

I am not sure what "fallout" would be other than when the mods eventually get involved.

Can't happen soon enough. :facepalm:

Do you notice you ..yes you are the only person who thought you were funny

Does that not say anything to you??

I mean I know you will just get your panties more tightly bunched and your butt more firmly hurt

Sorry

What is your point? I have said other things on here before and people have laughed.

It isn't like just because I say something unfunny I should instantly stop making jokes or be subjected to ridiculous pile-on.

Are you justifying all the ridiculous responses and negative criticism I am getting because my #hashtags posts weren't funny? Seriously, you think that is okay?

14l6c7.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker