• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got Heritage Catalog.....

28 posts in this topic

Probably the most damning thing about the piece is that it was up for sale in one of the Mint's auctions a few years back and failed to sell. I believe the reserve was 15K back then. If it were truly all-Romita and all-original, the BSDs would be falling over themselves to throw in bids. That's not to say the piece has zero value. The original portion of the cover is quite nice but you have to remember that everything else is a recreation and that's as bad as a PLOD.

Not that they say in the item description.

They do say that when Romita did the original, he did do it on two seperate pieces and they were over-layed for the final product (I'm paraphrasing here). Perhaps the piece (save Spidey and Goblin) was damaged or lost over the years???

Sure would love to see what the entire original would go for! #136 has to be the 3rd best Goblin cover there is behind #39 and 122 (even if it is Harry and not Norman)

Chris

Both pieces of art still exist. The vellum of spidey/goblin is for sale here. The original background was sold a few years back (sans overlay).

What's important to note is that even if you owned both the overlay and the original background, the pieces do not match up as the vellum was much too large an image. I was told they shot the image, reduced the stat and stuck it on the original background, that's why they had to recreate the background as twice-up art.

on page 9 that haunt of fear#15 cgc 9.8 is a beautiful copy.i would love to get that.i think i may try some of the fantastic fours and one or two stan lee copys but sometimes i wonder how authenic these file copys of lees really are. i hope they just dont get vg-fine copies and have him just say they were his,that would suck 893scratchchin-thumb.gifi was looking at page 266 were they have the cover art from mike zeck with spidey and venom and was thinking about trying for that,but have no idea what these original art pieces go for could someone give a ballpark number that it might end at? thanks robb tongue.gif

If anyone is interested in the ASM # 50 in 9.4 (lot 3413), looks like you could have saved some money and won it when it was slabbed as a 9.2 in the July 2003 Signature Auction (lot 6856).

Forgive my lack of links, I'm pretty confident it's the same book.

Someone's going to turn a nice profit on the resub...sold for $1200 in July. How about a 9.3, anyone? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif