• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got Heritage Catalog.....

28 posts in this topic

It's nice,...but am I the only one who thinks it's not a 9.8??..bottom corners look a little rounded...check the bottom right one...9.4, sure,...9.6, maybe,....9.8, nah.......

I posted it for the label! mad.gif Here you guys are looking at the book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Seriously thoug...anybody with the catalog, check out pages 118 (Cap #1) and pages 121 (Human Torch #2). Is that the micro-chamber hanging out of the bottom of the books? I never noticed that before in Heritage's auctions.

Chris

I find it amusing that Heritage lists the OS guide price for each book. Like the final sale price even comes close to the OS price. Looking at some of those HG GA books, it would be great to get them at guide, HA!

Some good looking books though.

I find it amusing that Heritage lists the OS guide price for each book. Like the final sale price even comes close to the OS price. Looking at some of those HG GA books, it would be great to get them at guide, HA!

Some good looking books though.

They do that so you can bust out the calculator and start adjusting with the multiples. 27_laughing.gif

Be careful though, sometimes they list an incorrect OS price. I noticed this on a Timely in one of their last catalogs. opps! foreheadslap.gif

Timely

The problem with the ASM 136 cover is that the only thing original is the image of spidey battling the goblin (done on vellum). The remaining art is all recently recreated. What's even more interesting is that the original background (i.e. Parker, Osborne and the buildings were done on standard size (at the time) artboard. The vellum image of spidey and goblin was shot, reduced in size and married to the background. Aesthetically, it's beautiful, for an original art collector, somewhat tainted.

You took the words out of my mouth. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful piece, but from how I am reading the description, only Spidey and the Goblin are drawn by Romita. The rest is done by a "professional artist". Granted, Spidey and the Goblin are THE originals to have on this particular piece, but something just not-quite original about.

I will be watching it though, as I am interested in what it will bring!

Chris

If u are going to sell your home, this is the WORST piece of orig. comic art u could choose. Only about 15% of the cover (2 central figures) is actually original. Rest is a re-creation by an unnamed "professional" other than J Romita Sr. makepoint.gif estimated at $12k ++. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif