• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Comics Annual 128 Page Classic

37 posts in this topic

Have an investment opportunity I want to take of advantage of so I'm putting this book on the market. Asking $4,300 and will consider time payments but the first to post :takeit: trumps all other inquiries.

Missing its back cover, last page and one interior page. Ultra rare issue and jjust a damn cool cover.

CACAnnualpr.jpg

These were made in Canada or somethin right? Very hard to find

I believe, the Capt Amer b/w "annual" was copyright in Canada but the Marvel Mystery annual copyright USA but distributed mostly in Canada because we are special! :whee:

I believe, the Capt Amer b/w "annual" was copyright in Canada but the Marvel Mystery annual copyright USA but distributed mostly in Canada because we are special! :whee:

That's correct and yes these are extremely hard to come by. Some guess that maybe 10-15 copies exist but I can only ever recall seeing maybe 4-5 different copies in the last 6 years. Think a FN copy recenty sold at Heritage for $20,000 but that is probably the nicest copy that exists.

That's correct and yes these are extremely hard to come by. Some guess that maybe 10-15 copies exist but I can only ever recall seeing maybe 4-5 different copies in the last 6 years. Think a FN copy recenty sold at Heritage for $20,000 but that is probably the nicest copy that exists.

That is rare my friend.

From Heritage's write up on this book (not the one for sale here) in May of this year:

Captain America Comics 132-Page Issue (Timely, 1942) Condition: FN-. This is the first complete copy we've ever seen of this rarity, and the demand for this item is such that we have auctioned incomplete copies for as much as $5,400! Overstreet ranks this among the top 50 Golden Age books and calls it "very rare. "

This is a square bound issue that says "128 pages" on the cover, though Overstreet, counting the covers as pages, dubs it a 132-page issue. Reportedly released only in Canada, it sports the cover image from Captain America Comics #22, a blank inside cover, and the contents (in black and white) of Marvel Mystery Comics #33 (featuring the Human Torch, the Sub-Mariner, the Vision, and the Angel) and Captain America Comics #18. The book bears the copyright "Universal Crime Stories Inc." and the spine shows the title, the price, and the logo "HP."

Overstreet doesn't even list a value for grades above VF, and we haven't seen evidence that a true high-grade copy exists. Even among all of the Timely highlights elsewhere in this catalog, this is a standout book that cannot be overlooked.

As in Special Olympics?