• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just read The Boys....

12 posts in this topic

and I <3 it!

I started the TPBs yesterday, read all 4 and then went to my LCS to get the current issues up to #36, read those a little bit ago...I am hooked.

I've never been a big fan of the superhero comics, the only ones I ever read were the death of Superman run from the 90s, but I probably know more than your general fool off the street since my husband is into all of it (and he made me watch all the Justice League and Superman cartoons). I didn't even know what The Boys was about, so when I saw all the parody stuff and the attitude towards the supes I about fell over, it's so funny. I'm just sad that I am all caught up now and have to wait for the next one.

So I also picked up the 1st two TPBs of Preacher and I'm about to dig into those...from what I hear I expect to like these even better.

I know, it's sad I didn't read all of these a long time ago - but I'm so glad I have them all to read now! Yay :)

So I also picked up the 1st two TPBs of Preacher and I'm about to dig into those...from what I hear I expect to like these even better.

I know, it's sad I didn't read all of these a long time ago - but I'm so glad I have them all to read now! Yay :)

I envy anyone that gets to read PREACHER for the first time :golfclap:

When your done with those come back for more recomendations. You've got YEARS of good reading ahead of you.

Like S.M. said, Welcome To The Club (thumbs u

you are teh cool! your husband is a lucky man.

Sweet of you to say. :blush: But I'm probably just like all your guy friends who like this stuff, only without a .

don't forget transmetropolitan

That looks great, putting it on the list. I'd never heard of it.

I'm pretty well versed in horror books, but I mean actual books, not comics, so this is all new to me. I got into Walking Dead a few years back since I'm such a horror junkie - but honestly I didn't know that comics like Preacher and The Boys existed until not too long ago. And I had no idea how good they were until this week. I never looked further than WD, and then Chew not long ago.

It's just nice to chat with others who enjoy this type of thing. I don't personally know any females who read comics at all, much less any who would like these books. I always get the feeling people think I'm weird for being into books that are graphic, but I started reading horror pretty young (my first Stephen King at age 9 or so) and it's hard to find things that keep pushing the line, that will hold my interest. I guess that's why I like these boards so much, I don't have to pretend like I'm "normal" :D

I'm almost done with the 1st Preacher TPB and it's great - it seems much darker than The Boys. Which is cool, I just had a lot of lol moments with The Boys. My 5 year old wanted to know what I was laughing at, I had to keep hiding them so he couldn't see any of the illustrations.

And I keep wondering what M.M. is going to do when his mom dies. I want more on that storyline!

I have a huge order that I need to send through online for the L&K books, Preacher 3-9 TPBs, and various other books - I am just waiting until payday next week!

I've been aware of the L & K books for awhile since I read Joe Hill's novel/short stories work, he's great. I'm excited about that one, it's going to be next after Preacher.

Marvelfangirl - are you really a girl? If so, I was just wondering what books you like, I've never really chatted with a girl about that. :) Noticed you're located in Texas - I was born there, so I'm fairly familiar with certain parts, lived there until I was about 11 and still have family all over which we visit pretty often.