• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed!

108 posts in this topic

My last available copy of this issue...

Marvel Comics Presents #72

1st Weapon X

CGC SS 9.8

Signed by Barry Windsor Smith in SILVER!

$400

DAMNIT JON!!!!

Don't you have ENOUGH of my money by now?? :frustrated:

I order a cease and cutitout on all cool rare sigs.

1st Weapon X

CGC SS 9.8

$400

I hate to do this to my pocket book, but I just can't resist a beautiful BWS sig! I let all the others get away, so :takeit:

1st Weapon X

CGC SS 9.8

$400

I hate to do this to my pocket book, but I just can't resist a beautiful BWS sig! I let all the others get away, so :takeit:

Thanks! I will try for a few more books, you guys rock and nice to see these are all going to good homes... :cloud9:

You guys don't realize how tough a CGC SS Mazz is and how unlikely you'll ever see one for sale again :ohnoez:

I can vouch for that....

Is it really that difficult?

Does he hate CGC or does very little signings in General?

Does not like CGCing of sigs at all, won't do it, and made his feeling explicitly clear.

All the ones that exist...which are probably only from one NYC show about 3 years ago, were done before he knew of the program, and none were done since.

WOW

I have three Daredevils sigs by him. I should gave jumped on Batman while I had the chance

You guys don't realize how tough a CGC SS Mazz is and how unlikely you'll ever see one for sale again :ohnoez:

I can vouch for that....

Is it really that difficult?

Does he hate CGC or does very little signings in General?

Does not like CGCing of sigs at all, won't do it, and made his feeling explicitly clear.

All the ones that exist...which are probably only from one NYC show about 3 years ago, were done before he knew of the program, and none were done since.

WOW

I have three Daredevils sigs by him. I should gave jumped on Batman while I had the chance

Yep, I was set up next to him in NYC in artists alley in 2007.

When it came to his attention that the books were being graded with a special label, that he thought inferred some sort of approval on his part, he got very upset.

I talked to him about it for a while, but his mind was made up. I believe that was the last show he signed anything for the sig series.

C

Yep, I was set up next to him in NYC in artists alley in 2007.

When it came to his attention that the books were being graded with a special label, that he thought inferred some sort of approval on his part, he got very upset.

I talked to him about it for a while, but his mind was made up. I believe that was the last show he signed anything for the sig series.

C

I get it if someone comes to him with 20+ copies of Batman 404 with the story, "I'm just a fanatical fan."

But come on! Maybe some folks really enjoyed his work so much, they want to preserve their memories and having his signature on the book.

(shrug)