• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foxing

9 posts in this topic

I believe it would be determined by how pronounced.

I had a nice run of Xmen, probably 45 issues that came from the

same seller out of Georgia that all had light foxing along the spine.

Most were VF of better except for that. I was afraid to gamble the

money on subbing that many to get shot down.

Yes, although it's less of a hit for older books. A BA book with any foxing is generally frowned upon, but an SA book with minor foxing is somewhat tolerated. Make sense? (shrug) Moderate to severe foxing is analogous to staining (as it should be). :sumo:

well for $3 per book, I would send the entire lot to classic for a proscreen then you will have a good idea if you should spend an additional $1000 or more.
You don't need to be a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows . . . :makepoint:

Yes, although it's less of a hit for older books. A BA book with any foxing is generally frowned upon, but an SA book with minor foxing is somewhat tolerated. Make sense? (shrug) Moderate to severe foxing is analogous to staining (as it should be). :sumo:

I think foxing is getting hit harder now. I have seen it with a few of my last submissions. Even light foxing. As it should be.

I think foxing is getting hit harder now. I have seen it with a few of my last submissions. Even light foxing. As it should be.

That's good to hear. At the very least it should be the same as other stains.