• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foolkiller's Holiday Sale

2,589 posts in this topic

All,

I wanted to take a moment, before we conclude over the next two days, to say thank you to everyone for making this such a spectacular thread. I've had several questions via PM and otherwise asking why I'm selling so cheap, why list so many books, aren't you afraid people are flipping etc.

As I mentioned in the beginning, this is truly my way of saying thank you to all of you. I know that there's been some real competition for some books and that it may seem frustrating to some of you. While I'm definitely pleased by the amount of sales, I'm even more pleased that people are still able to obtain some genuine deals. So my pricing is very much intentional, and I do understand I could get more if I waited etc. Honestly, that's what I've always thought that this board selling should be about: sharing with other collectors (and yes, I'm okay if you make money from me). Now, while that has morphed and changed over time because of the level of transactions, I do think it's important that people feel like you can (sometimes) get a deal that you can't get from another dealer or just on the open market. That being said, some times a "deal" can mean simply making a book available to a limited number of people at FMV before everyone has access (I look at Richie Evans books and marvel that they're even offered for sale). I also hope my thread has not "taken over" or "monopolized" the buyers or this venue, such was not my intention, and I apologize if for some reason it's been perceived that way.

Even though everyone certainly has and should get whatever they can for a given book, I hope that people remember what these boards can and should be about. This marketplace has turned into more of a standard sales venue over the last year or so where people are offering books typically at the same prices you could get elsewhere -- and I have offered many books at going rates as well at times -- I think it's still one of the best fee free venues there is. I think there are plenty of generous sellers on the boards, but we don't have to squeeze every last penny -- if I got a good deal and can make some money on it, I am glad to pass it on to someone here and still leave some money on the table or give them a great deal. Perhaps I can afford to do that because I don't make my living from comics, but most of us here don't either.

With so much divisiveness over pressing, board sales etiquette and other controversies, I hope we remember that we are a community, and I believe this marketplace can and should be a place to demonstrate that. I know I've morphed into a part time dealer of sorts, but this thread is my way of giving back to the people who buy from me during the year, and to hopefully say, I hope that here in the marketplace, we aspire throughout the year to be generous with each other. The fund raisers for Nik and more recently silvers show how we can come together as a community and ultimately our differences on issues where it gets unnecessarily personal are set aside. While the marketplace has become more "strictly business" I still think we can take the opportunity to utilize and demonstrate our "community spirit" as well.

Thanks for reading my little pontification, but I did want to express my gratitude and motivations... and I hope to make this an annual event (I am on my second year).

I will begin tonight at 10:30 PM EST.

My best to all of you and thanks again,

Brian

(worship)

but we don't have to squeeze every last penny --

no kidding.... i'm in total agreement. and, this new trend of requesting that buyers use the "personal" method of payment via paypal is just sad. i guess a free venue to sell comics isn't enough for some people. congrats on the success of your thread.

:mad:

**HERE'S WHAT'S LEFT**

Updated for Foolkiller

If you have spent in excess of $100 thus far in this thread, please take 25% off all RAW. Cap slabs are still at 10% off:

Cap 104 CGC 9.6 white (bowling green) $525 (you won't find a nicer one)

Cap 105 CGC 9.4 ow/w $225 (christie's copy)

Cap 106 CGC 9.4 o/w $125

Cap 109 CGC 9.6 white $475

Cap 113 CGC 9.4 white $325

DC:

Adventure 375 VF $22

Aquaman 61 NM- $5

Our Army at War #250 VF (slight tanning back cover) $15

Showcase 22 CGC 7.0 o/w $8800

Showcase 22 CGC 4.5 cr/ow $2350

Star Spangled War Stories 177 VF (NM+ front cover, very light staining bottom edge back cover) $8

Superboy and the Legion of Super Heroes 237 NM- $5

World's Finest 220 NM- $10

World's Finest 269 NM $8

Marvel:

Defenders 9 NM- $25

Web of Spider Man 31 NM- $5

Web of Spider Man 32 NM- $5

Dell (Canadian price cover books, and are actually pretty hard to find):

Dell Giant: Tom and Jerry Toy Fair #1 VF/NM $80

Dell Giant: Silly Symphonies 8 VF/NM+ $100

Other:

Sonic 77 NM $5

Until I start the thread again, I will offer the Show 22 CGC 4.5 cr/ow at $2200.

This is a book I will then take down for sale as I'm going to keep it then. The Show 22 CGC 7.0 will remain for sale, as will all other Cap slabs. I'll eventually be listing all the bronze age slabs as well.

All,

I wanted to take a moment, before we conclude over the next two days, to say thank you to everyone for making this such a spectacular thread. I've had several questions via PM and otherwise asking why I'm selling so cheap, why list so many books, aren't you afraid people are flipping etc.

As I mentioned in the beginning, this is truly my way of saying thank you to all of you. I know that there's been some real competition for some books and that it may seem frustrating to some of you. While I'm definitely pleased by the amount of sales, I'm even more pleased that people are still able to obtain some genuine deals. So my pricing is very much intentional, and I do understand I could get more if I waited etc. Honestly, that's what I've always thought that this board selling should be about: sharing with other collectors (and yes, I'm okay if you make money from me). Now, while that has morphed and changed over time because of the level of transactions, I do think it's important that people feel like you can (sometimes) get a deal that you can't get from another dealer or just on the open market. That being said, some times a "deal" can mean simply making a book available to a limited number of people at FMV before everyone has access (I look at Richie Evans books and marvel that they're even offered for sale). I also hope my thread has not "taken over" or "monopolized" the buyers or this venue, such was not my intention, and I apologize if for some reason it's been perceived that way.

Even though everyone certainly has and should get whatever they can for a given book, I hope that people remember what these boards can and should be about. This marketplace has turned into more of a standard sales venue over the last year or so where people are offering books typically at the same prices you could get elsewhere -- and I have offered many books at going rates as well at times -- I think it's still one of the best fee free venues there is. I think there are plenty of generous sellers on the boards, but we don't have to squeeze every last penny -- if I got a good deal and can make some money on it, I am glad to pass it on to someone here and still leave some money on the table or give them a great deal. Perhaps I can afford to do that because I don't make my living from comics, but most of us here don't either.

With so much divisiveness over pressing, board sales etiquette and other controversies, I hope we remember that we are a community, and I believe this marketplace can and should be a place to demonstrate that. I know I've morphed into a part time dealer of sorts, but this thread is my way of giving back to the people who buy from me during the year, and to hopefully say, I hope that here in the marketplace, we aspire throughout the year to be generous with each other. The fund raisers for Nik and more recently silvers show how we can come together as a community and ultimately our differences on issues where it gets unnecessarily personal are set aside. While the marketplace has become more "strictly business" I still think we can take the opportunity to utilize and demonstrate our "community spirit" as well.

Thanks for reading my little pontification, but I did want to express my gratitude and motivations... and I hope to make this an annual event (I am on my second year).

I will begin tonight at 10:30 PM EST.

My best to all of you and thanks again,

Brian

Got my first batch of winnings in the mail today and I couldn't be more happy. Great seller, great books, great prices!

Until I start the thread again, I will offer the Show 22 CGC 4.5 cr/ow at $2200.

This is a book I will then take down for sale as I'm going to keep it then. The Show 22 CGC 7.0 will remain for sale, as will all other Cap slabs. I'll eventually be listing all the bronze age slabs as well.

Were you ever able to locate a decent 118?

Were you ever able to locate a decent 118?

Cap 118 -- I was not... one of the issues that eluded me -- I probably have a raw one, but I doubt it was more than say a VF+, and if it's my only copy, I'm keeping it raw. I actually always look for this book and in the most recent raw run I bought, this was dinged up.

**HERE'S WHAT'S LEFT**

Updated for Foolkiller

If you have spent in excess of $100 thus far in this thread, please take 25% off all RAW. Cap slabs are still at 10% off:

Cap 104 CGC 9.6 white (bowling green) $525 (you won't find a nicer one)

Cap 105 CGC 9.4 ow/w $225 (christie's copy)

Cap 109 CGC 9.6 white $475

Cap 113 CGC 9.4 white $325

DC:

Adventure 375 VF $22

Aquaman 61 NM- $5

Our Army at War #250 VF (slight tanning back cover) $15

Showcase 22 CGC 7.0 o/w $8800

Showcase 22 CGC 4.5 cr/ow $2350

Star Spangled War Stories 177 VF (NM+ front cover, very light staining bottom edge back cover) $8

Superboy and the Legion of Super Heroes 237 NM- $5

World's Finest 220 NM- $10

World's Finest 269 NM $8

Marvel:

Defenders 9 NM- $25

Web of Spider Man 31 NM- $5

Web of Spider Man 32 NM- $5

Dell (Canadian price cover books, and are actually pretty hard to find):

Dell Giant: Tom and Jerry Toy Fair #1 VF/NM $80

Dell Giant: Silly Symphonies 8 VF/NM+ $100

Other:

Sonic 77 NM $5