• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Steve Ditko go to Comic-Cons?

38 posts in this topic

I believe that intercepting someone outside their home or office for signature series purposes is strictly against the rules. If you have the creator/celebrities permission to visit their house that might be a different story.

Correct. We don't allow Witnesses to stalk creators by lurking outside &/or dropping unannounced at a creator's home or office without prior approval from the creator.

Steve Ditko is highly sought after, but for those that have asked him, his response has been no - that if he signed for one person, he would have to sign for everyone (as a devout Randian he's a black-and-white, all-or-nothing kind of guy). He really doesn't want to sign for everyone... and he doesn't make exceptions.

I don't stalk celebrities. I get them at public appearances or contact them via email/public phone number about meeting them. Most of the time They say yes. In fact I have only been turned down 7 or 8 times since I started collecting autographs. I have been collecting autographs since 94 so that small number of refusals says something.

I don't stalk celebrities. I get them at public appearances or contact them via email/public phone number about meeting them. Most of the time They say yes. In fact I have only been turned down 7 or 8 times since I started collecting autographs. I have been collecting autographs since 94 so that small number of refusals says something.

It says you are very persuasive on the phone or make offers they can't refuse; Godfather style

"NO..no no nooou, you don't have to sign the comic..it's not like someone is going to run your wife over in the middle of the street..or she is going to accidentaly fall from a 10 story building or something... it's just an autograph..no big deal".."Oh.ooh..you aaaaaaare going to sign the comic... well thank you..you really didn't have to.." :cool:

I don't make godfather style offers or threaten physical harm to loved ones. I am just very persuaive. I can work a celebrity. Please and Thank you go along way. Money and gifts also go a long way. Interesting items sometimes help. Having an item signed by everybody else involved helps. Only having one item helps ( they don't think you are selling it) If necessary have it personalized (celebrities and high profile creators really like it when you have them sign it to you). Sometimes bringing along a pretty girl helps. Also know alot about the person (what project they have worked on) (perhaps what their favorite project was) ( their favorite charity ect.). Getting the big sigs isn't hard you just gotta work for it.

I don't make godfather style offers or threaten physical harm to loved ones. I am just very persuaive. I can work a celebrity. Please and Thank you go along way. Money and gifts also go a long way. Interesting items sometimes help. Having an item signed by everybody else involved helps. Only having one item helps ( they don't think you are selling it) If necessary have it personalized (celebrities and high profile creators really like it when you have them sign it to you). Sometimes bringing along a pretty girl helps. Also know alot about the person (what project they have worked on) (perhaps what their favorite project was) ( their favorite charity ect.). Getting the big sigs isn't hard you just gotta work for it.
Dude, I remember in SDCC when you were giving me pointers on how to meet Roberto Gomez Bolaños...something that seems quite impossible for me but, at least you gave me hope.. I shook his hand when I was a kid (Gosh knows I have told the story a million times!), it was one of the highlights of my life.. maybe I should bring a model..even thought he is like 80 something..
bringing along a pretty girl helps.
hm

I heard Chuck Norris made Steve Ditko sign his comic once.

Getting "Roundhouse kicks are worthless" written on a Mickey mouse modern comic by Ditko can hardly be considered getting his signature...plus it was dissappearing ink...

I heard Chuck Norris made Steve Ditko sign his comic once.

Getting "Roundhouse kicks are worthless" written on a Mickey mouse modern comic by Ditko can hardly be considered getting his signature...plus it was dissappearing ink...

:takeit: