• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Holds The CGC Record?

336 posts in this topic

Who holds the record for greatest CGC grade spread ever? (shrug)

Has anyone managed any jaw-dropping resub spreads in recent years? (we all know about that Boy Comics #17 CGC 4.0 leap to CGC 9.0, so its disqualified. Old news.)

Post your greatest personal CGC re-grade accomplished to date. (thumbs u

Let's see some of the very best re-sub spreads ever. Who's earned bragging rights as a record holder?

(Special Honors for any Triple Crown posts. Seeing those never gets old. :cloud9: )

triplecrown.jpg

Yeah, post 'em up. This way they can head straight over to NOD's Gallery of Disclosure. Woo hoo! Glass is less transparent. meh

There freaking comic books. Why do people get so sensitive over freaking comic books? No matter how you spin it you are getting upset over a comic book.

Yeah, post 'em up. This way they can head straight over to NOD's Gallery of Disclosure. Woo hoo! Glass is less transparent. meh

There freaking comic books. Why do people get so sensitive over freaking comic books? No matter how you spin it you are getting upset over a comic book.

I agree and I'm not upset. Just don't pizz on me and tell me it's rain.

I have a few books that have jumped a couple of grades based solely on resubmission, i.e. no pressing and no cleaning. I don't want the books stigmatized by being listed on a web site were someone says, "This piece appears to have been cleaned and pressed." just because someone spent hours comparing before and after scans looking for the most minute of changes.

End of story.

Oh, the Silver Age section is coming soon, so get to posting! (thumbs u

WTF? Why all the negativity? Everything's been out in the open for a while now. Why should it matter anymore how a grade spread was accomplished?

There's the "highest census", and "registry points", but when it comes to mastering CGC grade spreads it's still better to keep it in the shadows? What's left to hide? (shrug)

WTF? Why all the negativity? Everything's been out in the open for a while now. Why should it matter anymore how a grade spread was accomplished?

There's the "highest census", and "registry points", but when it comes to mastering CGC grade spreads it's still better to keep it in the shadows? What's left to hide? (shrug)

I don't get it either. Must be something in the kool-aid... :ohnoez:

I have a feeling the Kool-Aid on both sides tastes pretty much the same. hm

Maybe it's some "don't need the competition" thing. :gossip: Any other thread and they'd consider it free advertising for the premier services out there. Be bragging about a flood of new work pouring in. :blahblah: Then it's taboo again. :eyeroll:

Post 'em if you got 'em! :popcorn:

Maybe it's some "don't need the competition" thing. :gossip: Any other thread and they'd consider it free advertising for the premier services out there. Be bragging about a flood of new work pouring in. :blahblah: Then it's taboo again. :eyeroll:

Classy, Kevin. Very classy indeed.

Classy, Kevin. Very classy indeed.

What's classy is dragging out the 'ol "hidden agenda" scarlet letter right out of the gate.

Look, you can swing right over to the "Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues" forum and view works-in-progress examples or read about how improved and amazing new techniques are becoming. It's not a secret. :gossip:

There's been a gazillion pressing threads that go nowhere. Pressing is for amatures. I'm interested in seeing what MASTER craftsmen can pull off. That's the agenda, and it's not hidden.