• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade CGC graded books for sale. Some from CGC and some from my personal.

73 posts in this topic

One last thing, the books are much brighter and sharper than my cheap scanner shows them to be.

For instance the reds and whites on the JIM #103 are spectacular in hand even though they don't come across that way in the scan.

Giant Size X-men #1 CGC 9.4 ow/w

Probably the sharpest, deepest inks I have ever seen on this book. They are just blazing on this copy. Tiny tear at top of spine keeps this book out of 9.6/9.8

Asking $1300 shipped.

GiantSizeX19_4.jpg

Nice book Roy...wish I could afford this one right now...

Giant Size X-men #1 CGC 9.4 ow/w

Probably the sharpest, deepest inks I have ever seen on this book. They are just blazing on this copy. Tiny tear at top of spine keeps this book out of 9.6/9.8

Asking $1300 shipped.

Nice book Roy...wish I could afford this one right now...

I'm sure you have something I'd want.

:baiting:

Forgot to add this book.

JIM #90 CGC 8.0 ow/w pages. White Mountain Pedigree. Basically a NM book with a tiny Marvel pre chip out the side accounting for the grade. Pages look WHITE. This book is one of THE toughest silver age Marvels to find in high grade. Very commonly found with poor page quality and Marvel chipping.

Asking $900 shipped. SOLD!

JourneyIntoMystery90CGC8_0WhiteMoun.jpg

Forgot to add this book.

JIM #90 CGC 8.0 ow/w pages. White Mountain Pedigree. Basically a NM book with a tiny Marvel pre chip out the side accounting for the grade. Pages look WHITE. This book is one of THE toughest silver age Marvels to find in high grade. Very commonly found with poor page quality and Marvel chipping.

WOA! thats a beast of a book (worship)

Is it just me or is X-MEN 140 one of the easier Byrne run books to find in ultra high grade? I don't know why this is, but it seems to be a trend. If I didn't already have 3 of them myself I would be all over it. That's a great price for the 2nd appearence of Alpha Flight and a fantastic story.

Forgot to add this book.

That was quick! That's a rockin book Roy! CONGRATS to buyer/seller! :headbang:

Is it just me or is X-MEN 140 one of the easier Byrne run books to find in ultra high grade? I don't know why this is, but it seems to be a trend. If I didn't already have 3 of them myself I would be all over it. That's a great price for the 2nd appearence of Alpha Flight and a fantastic story.

It was at the end of Byrne's run and it's a terrific storyline (one of my more favorite X-men arcs), so sure it was super popular at the time.

Forgot to add this book.

That was quick! That's a rockin book Roy! CONGRATS to buyer/seller! :headbang:

don't understand why they'd knock it down so much for Marvel chipping- that's obviously production related. nice transaction.

CGC always detracts for chips just as they do for every production defect. The size of the chip (or other defect) determines the cut off grade. If the chip was attached it would be a different story and you'd be looking at a 4 or 5 figure book.

It was at the end of Byrne's run and it's a terrific storyline (one of my more favorite X-men arcs), so sure it was super popular at the time.

Definitely one of the best covers of the run. I think the story crossed over to Machine Man 18, which has a super Alpha Flight cover.

CGC always detracts for chips just as they do for every production defect. The size of the chip (or other defect) determines the cut off grade. If the chip was attached it would be a different story and you'd be looking at a 4 or 5 figure book.

really- i've seen bindery tears on 9.8's- aren't those production related? anyway, enough w/ the derailing. on w/ the selling.

really- i've seen bindery tears on 9.8's- aren't those production related? anyway, enough w/ the derailing. on w/ the selling.

Right, the size of the production defect will limit the grade.

A tiny bindery tear is allowed on 9.8. A longer tear will knock it down to 9.6, etc.

Same with chips. Tiny chips (hardly noticeable with the naked eye) will be allowed in higher grades, as the chips get bigger the grade drops.

The size of the defect and the number of defects is how the grade is arrived at.

Judging by the size of the bindery chip on my book, if it was attached and the defect was a Marvel pre chip tear (like a bindery tear) and not a missing chip the book would likely have graded 9.4+.

The size of the defect and the number of defects is how the grade is arrived at.

Does that make sense?

Right, the size of the production defect will limit the grade.

A tiny bindery tear is allowed on 9.8. A longer tear will knock it down to 9.6, etc.

Same with chips. Tiny chips (hardly noticeable with the naked eye) will be allowed in higher grades, as the chips get bigger the grade drops.

Judging by the size of the bindery chip on my book, if it was attached and the defect was a Marvel pre chip tear (like a bindery tear) and not a missing chip the book would likely have graded 9.4+.

Does that make sense?

yes, unless you're being condescending- then no. ;)

yes, unless you're being condescending- then no. ;)

Wasn't meaning to be condescending at all...just wasn't sure if we were on the same page.

Bastiche!

:slapfight: