• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More ebay seller shenanigans?

62 posts in this topic

Here's the first time it was listed:

link 1

Notice the high bidder.

Here's the second time up for this book:

link 2

Notice that the guy who won it and didn't pay the first time is bidding it up the 2nd time.

hm

One of the biggest known eBay comic scammers. He sells cracked out PLODs as unrestored, cracks out books and bumps them up 2-3 grade points for resale, shills his auctions....you name it. Total scumbag that has been discussed many times on these boards. He also uses a variety of different eBay IDs.

I wish I would have known about his latest alias. I did know about the others.

Before you guys start claiming he's some sort of scammer, you should wait for someone to get scammed first. It's better to be reactive to scammers around here than proactive! If ya act now you're bound to attract the wrath of the forum puzzies.
Yes. This is a perfect analogy to your situation. Oh wait. That's right. It's not. You were wrong but just can't be bothered to admit it.

You should start your own thread to all over 'Trooper if you want. This thread isn't about that.

:eyeroll:

-slym

Before you guys start claiming he's some sort of scammer, you should wait for someone to get scammed first. It's better to be reactive to scammers around here than proactive! If ya act now you're bound to attract the wrath of the forum puzzies.
Yes. This is a perfect analogy to your situation. Oh wait. That's right. It's not. You were wrong but just can't be bothered to admit it.

You should start your own thread to all over 'Trooper if you want. This thread isn't about that.

-slym

Trooper threw the first jab.

:makepoint:

-slym

Yeah. I kinda figured this was directed at anyone who agreed that he effed up in the sales forum thread.

I see it as threadcrapping, and it's not even 'Troopers thread.

I am ambivalent on what Paratrooper did - but let's not start that in someone else's thread, eh?

-slym

Perhaps you missed the part where no one said anything except Trooper, eh?

'Troopers post was jab, admittedly, but nowhere was it personal, no one made connections to names.

So, what does that part have to do with this thread?

THAT is where you should have gone and made your own thread...

(shrug)

-slym (out for dinner)

The thread is done. The bad guy has been outed and now it either dies a slow death or some derailment keeps it sustained.

No harm done.

If jabs are tossed, defensive measures are taken.

New to the internet, Slym?

:kidaround:

Unbelievable! I caught another ebay shenaniganer (as George W. might call them): sueprado buys books on ebay, then immediately resells them, jacking up the price with a shill. She (assuming it's a she), then relists the ones that she wins with her shill (clue: the shill has 31 feedback). Once again, it's the unlucky TTA #57 I've been after. I won hers and then checked her new listings and found relists of items that sold previously. Thus my investigation. Many of the books she sells are in her own recent feedback (as buys). At least get a different buying account, insufficiently_thoughtful_person!

Here's a link to my post awhile back as well...

I caught cdpaoli red-handed trying to resell the FF 45 9.0 PLOD (purchased by aram321 from me) cracked out as an unrestored 9.4 and then he couldn't even get his lies straight...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3441593&fpart=1

BTW...aram321 just recently won/purchased an FF 1-400 set from Adam/filter81 on eBay with a real nice raw #1 which has CT...look for that book to show up with cdpaoli soon as a HG non-restored... doh!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320453696336

I'll say it again...pay attention class! :sumo:

Link to the book she won: what she bought...

Notice the water damage is clearly mentioned (I remember looking at this book when it was being sold by this seller and passed because of the water damage).

Link to the book she sold me: what she sold...

No mention of water damage, calls the book VG+.

:pullhair:

While I agree selling the book without the water damage mentioned is bad form, I am not following why it is bad (you imply this in the first post above) to buy books and then resell them? Why would you need/want a different ebay account?

Edit: I guess it is the fact you are implying she is shill bidding the books she sells, I get you now.

And here is a link to my post as well, with the problems I had with buyer aram321:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=3623671&Searchpage=9&Main=177769&Words=pickycollector&topic=0&Search=true#Post3623671

Be very careful if you deal with that guy (Narbeh Harutunian aka aram321 aka cdpaoli aka lexerific) either as a buyer or a seller

Here's a link to my post awhile back as well...

I caught cdpaoli red-handed trying to resell the FF 45 9.0 PLOD (purchased by aram321 from me) cracked out as an unrestored 9.4 and then he couldn't even get his lies straight...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3441593&fpart=1

BTW...aram321 just recently won/purchased an FF 1-400 set from Adam/filter81 on eBay with a real nice raw #1 which has CT...look for that book to show up with cdpaoli soon as a HG non-restored... doh!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320453696336

I'll say it again...pay attention class! :sumo:

People are starting to catch on to cdpaoli. I revisited their feedback last night and they are starting to get negs.