• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Flipping more Moral than Collecting?

191 posts in this topic

As I'm of two minds, beside myself, & enjoying bilocation I tend to double post at times. This isn't redundancy but rather the practical reality of duality.

It isn't extralogical to aver that the flipper engages immorality by selling to the collector despite KoR's formula of the flipper's intended being the Mythical Collector.

The Mythical Collector runs afoul of the flipper's just cause by acting like a kind of monkey wrench in the cosmological constant which binds our theoretical framework together; that constant being: never buy/sell W/O creating more $$$$.

The Mythical Collector formulary is to flipper morality what the absence of Cepheid variables is to cosmology.

The collector operates in a fallen state. Incumbent upon the flipper is to sell only to other flippers or to act in such as way as to realign the hobby's collector mentality to the more normative state of flipperdom thereby creating a pure market of flipper only customers within which all can buy/sell without fear of mortal reprisal.

so what you are saying is that the flipper and the collector are one in the same? or at least of a small enough population as to become one; group in name only. You are so right. Albert started this line of reason so many years ago in the Wave Particle Duality Theory; clearly stating that a a photon of light acts both as a wave and as a particle depending on how the experiment for the said photon is carried out. If one searches for a photon in a manner to adhere it to the activites manifesting it to behave as a particle then a behavior of a particle it is. If one instead devises a test to determine a value of a wave form, then again, the photon adheres to the characteristics of a wave. Simple really. Things quite often are seen for what they are based on the manner in which they are observed.

What is a flipper to one observer is a collector to another. Time and space are the only real things that seperate the then flipper to a future seller or ultimately a collector. We are all flippers, collectors and buyers; aren't we? Seperated only by time.

Therefore, can we be more or less moral when only time keeps us from morphing from one to another?

On the quantum level it is known or at least has been shown that particles can indeed exist in two places at once. 'Once' of course being the time component. A more harrowing notion is not the bilocation comfort zone but rather the colocation sardine experience. The eastern votaries, the swamis, the fakeers, the shamans of our world might promote the shared space All is One love-in of the collecter ~ c um ~ flipper you describe, Dover. If this idea takes to wing we might realize entente between the antipodes. A noble effort in irredentism. CGC might award you accolades & discounts on slabbing fees (only in bulk mind you).

We are all flippers, collectors and buyers; aren't we? Seperated only by time.

Therefore, can we be more or less moral when only time keeps us from morphing from one to another?

Good call on the Wave Particle Duality Theory.

As long as there is motion there is a relative perspective. What happens when the movement stops?

Sales is based on finding a consumer. What happens when an end user, or someone with the intention of being the end user is found? Without that intended end user, the middle person (flipper) does not have a job for long.

I think I'm respected by about 4 people here....

I'm one of those 4. Now it's on public record.

Quality over quantity.

As I'm of two minds, beside myself, & enjoying bilocation I tend to double post at times. This isn't redundancy but rather the practical reality of duality.

It isn't extralogical to aver that the flipper engages immorality by selling to the collector despite KoR's formula of the flipper's intended being the Mythical Collector.

The Mythical Collector runs afoul of the flipper's just cause by acting like a kind of monkey wrench in the cosmological constant which binds our theoretical framework together; that constant being: never buy/sell W/O creating more $$$$.

The Mythical Collector formulary is to flipper morality what the absence of Cepheid variables is to cosmology.

The collector operates in a fallen state. Incumbent upon the flipper is to sell only to other flippers or to act in such as way as to realign the hobby's collector mentality to the more normative state of flipperdom thereby creating a pure market of flipper only customers within which all can buy/sell without fear of mortal reprisal.

so what you are saying is that the flipper and the collector are one in the same? or at least of a small enough population as to become one; group in name only. You are so right. Albert started this line of reason so many years ago in the Wave Particle Duality Theory; clearly stating that a a photon of light acts both as a wave and as a particle depending on how the experiment for the said photon is carried out. If one searches for a photon in a manner to adhere it to the activites manifesting it to behave as a particle then a behavior of a particle it is. If one instead devises a test to determine a value of a wave form, then again, the photon adheres to the characteristics of a wave. Simple really. Things quite often are seen for what they are based on the manner in which they are observed.

What is a flipper to one observer is a collector to another. Time and space are the only real things that seperate the then flipper to a future seller or ultimately a collector. We are all flippers, collectors and buyers; aren't we? Seperated only by time.

On the quantum level it is known or at least has been shown that particles can indeed exist in two places at once. 'Once' of course being the time component. A more harrowing notion is not the bilocation comfort zone but rather the colocation sardine experience. The eastern votaries, the swamis, the fakeers, the shamans of our world might promote the shared space All is One love-in of the collecter ~ c um ~ flipper you describe, Dover. If this idea takes to wing we might realize entente between the antipodes. A noble effort in irredentism. CGC might award you accolades & discounts on slabbing fees (only in bulk mind you).

I did not see that coming, yet upon arrival it was clearly always destined for the station. If the Sharlatans are one in the same: flipper and buyer and they take this power to a place where their abilities can be displayed and veiwed on a worldwide portal and offered for purchase, capable of being BIN'd and re-listed, then they would become the circular nature we all feared. Controlling the market in such a manner as to make the rest of us believe a market existed where none was. Developing ancillaries to support their faux world, bringing more and more into the fold so that a large body of independant entities became in a sense a group of people exchanging property amongst theselves so that in the end Bernie Madoff would blush.

I could see that.

This thread is delicious. Unfortunately, I'm in the midst of studying for an exam, so it's like trying to read the newspaper while driving.

Oh, and I'm not on the mailing list, so...

I did not see that coming, yet upon arrival it was clearly always destined for the station. If the Sharlatans are one in the same: flipper and buyer and they take this power to a place where their abilities can be displayed and veiwed on a worldwide portal and offered for purchase, capable of being BIN'd and re-listed, then they would become the circular nature we all feared. Controlling the market in such a manner as to make the rest of us believe a market existed where none was. Developing ancillaries to support their faux world, bringing more and more into the fold so that a large body of independant entities became in a sense a group of people exchanging property amongst theselves so that in the end Bernie Madoff would blush.

I could see that.

Like I always say: 'There are only 6 people in the hobby.'

It's a small little subculture.

Incestuous.

I am sorry I tried to add to this. It stands on its own. My apology.

carry on.

As long as there is motion there is a relative perspective. What happens when the movement stops?

if movement stops, we have acheived absolute zero (-273.13K ?). we would have thus removed all energy or at least all kinetic energy, momentum. we would be basically "dead". Potential energy would still exist but it would need some form of outside impetus to begin any type of change of state.

I say that would fuflill your declaration of "funeral" and that leads us to copious free bar.

if movement stops, we have acheived absolute zero (-273.13K ?). we would have thus removed all energy or at least all kinetic energy, momentum. we would be basically "dead". Potential energy would still exist but it would need some form of outside impetus to begin any type of change of state.

I say that would fuflill your declaration of "funeral" and that leads us to copious free bar.

Babe magnet in the hizzouse.

i would not call flipping immoral, but saying that collecting is somehow less moral is crazy. morality shouldn't even come into it unless you are robbing comic stores to fill your runs. (or pressing :grin:). i think either way is perfectly fine. i buy my books to read and keep. sometimes when i find out one has shot up in value i am tempted to sell it, but i usually don't. i'm keeping my tmnt collection vol.1 even though i see them sell on ebay for 4x what i paid just a few months ago. if i did sell it though, i wouldn't be hurting anybody :)

of course collecting is less moral. collecting is gathering items of like kind and keeping them somewhere away from the public. Keeping things away from the public is hiding, hoarding, gathering and putting under lock and key; freezing property and assets. Once assest and property begin to be kept in the vaults of the world by the elite of society, the divide between the haves and have nots grows. Everyone that keeps thier collections to themselves is denying the public of the ability to enjoy and share the "property". Why do collectors hate people? Why? Conversely, people that flip comics are continually bringing to market "new" and "fresh" material to be enjoyed again and again. Flipping should be called "sharing", collecting could be better termed as selfish and self centered hoarding of public assests.

Is there really any debate here?

You know Mike, you're absolutely right. :sumo:

I'll start selling my entire collection of about 50,000 comics starting tomorrow. :whistle:

i would not call flipping immoral, but saying that collecting is somehow less moral is crazy. morality shouldn't even come into it unless you are robbing comic stores to fill your runs. (or pressing :grin:). i think either way is perfectly fine. i buy my books to read and keep. sometimes when i find out one has shot up in value i am tempted to sell it, but i usually don't. i'm keeping my tmnt collection vol.1 even though i see them sell on ebay for 4x what i paid just a few months ago. if i did sell it though, i wouldn't be hurting anybody :)

of course collecting is less moral. collecting is gathering items of like kind and keeping them somewhere away from the public. Keeping things away from the public is hiding, hoarding, gathering and putting under lock and key; freezing property and assets. Once assest and property begin to be kept in the vaults of the world by the elite of society, the divide between the haves and have nots grows. Everyone that keeps thier collections to themselves is denying the public of the ability to enjoy and share the "property". Why do collectors hate people? Why? Conversely, people that flip comics are continually bringing to market "new" and "fresh" material to be enjoyed again and again. Flipping should be called "sharing", collecting could be better termed as selfish and self centered hoarding of public assests.

I'll start selling my entire collection of about 50,000 comics starting tomorrow. :whistle:

heck, I would even buy your avatar! in the pure sense of sharing that is.....

heck, I would even buy your avatar! in the pure sense of sharing that is.....

(thumbs u