• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E-bay blackmail

139 posts in this topic

Was that the same 129 that was in the comic grading forum a few weeks ago?

I bumped the thread there.

Nope...those were different books...I sent those to CGC..should be graded on Wednesday....

Tell us the grades when you know them!

I'm wonder if my opinions were right. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The one here on this thread looks to be around the F+/FVF range. But if you had big scans up in the auction the buyer should have graded them by his own standards and bidded accordingly. boo.gif

Got any more VF- graded copies of this book you want to sell for F+ price? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

What's the opposite of above me?

Is that a condition on you selling me a 7.5 for 6.5 value? vomit-smiley-015.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Thanks for the bk scan when I get a backscan I put it through curves to find light stress marks.

It makes the book look really dirty (much much worse) but it brings out some interesting details.

373147-129d.jpg.004d5128fc81d2ecad436ae796af8c22.jpg

Tell him to go [!@#%^&^] himself, and take the neg like a man. Wear it with pride. And then you can respond within the neg and explain yourself.

BTW, what's his eBay ID? I'm sure we'd ALL like to add him to our blocked bidders list.

Yeah, I'm beginning to agree with the "let him neg you, leave a (reasonably) dignified response, and move on" camp.

But I would say that in future, don't leave fb 'til you see the whites of their eyes - er, I mean 'til they've rec'd the book(s) and left fb for you!

This guy is needs to get out of the basement and kiss a girl....latest E-mail...

Funny how you gleam an insult out of that and only concentrate on that INSTEAD of customer service. If people were treated this way at a store the store would be out of business in a month. I'm not trying to "blackmail" you. I'm trying to get what I paid for. I paid 230 dollars for a fine book that was supposed to be very fine, when in near mint it guides for 260. Beyond that you misrepresented the condition in the ad and instead of owning up to your mistake you're going to take the "macho" route and not admit to any mistake.

I don't mean to insult you and I'm sorry you're taking it that way but can't you just step back objectively and see my position here? I paid way too much for a book that isn't near the shape you said it would be in. What am I supposed to do? Let that happen and just call it a loss? Maybe if it were a 20 dollar item, but this is 230 dollars we're talking about here. I'm not looking for a full refund, I'm not even looking for hundreds of dollars back. I'm looking for something I can live with, 30 dollars would have been fine with me and made my conscience clear but now you've turned this into a competition for who can be the most stubborn so I guess I'll just have to chock it up to bad luck and maybe let people know through feedback how you treat your customers(I'll think about that for a few days and if I do leave feedback it will be when I'm calm and collected, and if you think I leave less than pos feedback at a whim, look at the feedback I have left and you will see that isn't true) and don't admit to being a human being who can make mistakes. If you had just done that in the first place I would have considered it an honest mistake and been happy and maybe even bought from you again. But the way you're acting just makes it look like you're dishonest and was out for the quick buck and all you care about is $$$. (If you'll notice that I'm not saying you ARE dishonest, I'm saying that it LOOKS like you are)

Once I sent a book back that was about 400 dollars. The guy said it was not in the shape he sent it to me and refused to give a refund. I'm not going to let that happen to me again.

Oh...maybe you forgot, I paid you IMMEDIATELY. And not with an "echeck" either. I bought it for the price you wanted with "buy it now". I didn't wait until the last second and bid so I could save some $$$. I didn't hem and haw about your shipping charge. This is not about money. This is about my piece of mind. I've paid many sellers and have only complained a very few times(feel free to ask them). I'm a very reasonable fellow. But when I'm obviously getting the shaft I have to stand up and say something. And I could be a whole lot worse about this and not even have contacted you and just left a "neg" but I'm NOT LIKE THAT. I'm giving you a chance to make this right but if you just want to believe I'm trying to "blackmail" you then you can believe that. Doesn't make it true.

I'm trying to get what I paid for. I paid 230 dollars for a fine book that was supposed to be very fine, when in near mint it guides for 260.

that's the most hypocritical statement i've heard since danny boy was running rampant on these boards. 893blahblah.gif so is he trying to justify that if the book was indeed to him a 7.5, it would've been worth $30 less NM guide of $260? confused-smiley-013.gif HELL! i'll pay 2X guide for a RAW NM 9.4 copy! devil.gif

I paid way too much for a book that isn't near the shape you said it would be in. What am I supposed to do? Let that happen and just call it a loss?

That sums it up folks! A classic case of buyer's remorse gossip.gif

Again, in the nicest way possible offer him a FULL refund. Tell him you cannot NEG a seller if he's offering to give you your money back! foreheadslap.gif

Timely

I offered him a full refund three times now,...he doesn't want to give up the book,...I pitty his mother for what she must have gone through during his potty training........

I agree, if he's so unhappy with the book, WHY would he want to keep it??? Doesn't make sense. He just has buyer's remorse and wants some of his money back. If he didn't want to spend that much, he shouldn't have clicked the button. BUT, he did, and that's HIS problem, not yours.

He has buyer's remorse, and he's trying to guilt you into giving him some of his money back. DON'T do it.

This is my favorite part...

Oh...maybe you forgot, I paid you IMMEDIATELY.

Hey you know what?...you're supposed to pay right away,...a seller shouldn't have to hound you with invoice reminders to get paid,.....like he should get extra credit for this...

You know, as painful as it might seem, as even if you think the buyer has some remorse, sometimes as a seller ya' just have to take your customer's word for it in order to keep your good reputation as a seller. In this situation, as right as I thought I was, I would have immediately offered a $50 refund and then sent it out the very next day. I would have assumed that maybe the buyer was lying, or just changed his mind, but in the long run, it would have saved me a potential neg, saved me the aggravation, and made the buyer happy. No, not a wimpy attitude. It is just the thing that sellers, retailers, businessmen have to do sometimes in order to keep their good reputation. EXPECT to have these kinds of guys come around now and then. Don't forget, many sellers do overgrade on purpose so the buyers have to expect the same kind of thing. ------Sid

This guy is needs to get out of the basement and kiss a girl....latest E-mail...

Once I sent a book back that was about 400 dollars. The guy said it was not in the shape he sent it to me and refused to give a refund. I'm not going to let that happen to me again.

Then he needs to go buy some CGC copies of the books he wants. I'm sure he would have been thrilled with the ASM 129 CGC 9.8...