• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does The UK Need A Witness?

27 posts in this topic

I know you were joking, but it's my understanding that Alan Moore will hold signings, he just won't come here to do it.

do you mean it is your understanding that Alan Moore will sign in the UK?

I doubt that he holds or try to organize his own signings.

And I am not joking. If I find out about an Alan Moore signing I am going to the UK........

do you mean it is your understanding that Alan Moore will sign in the UK?

Yes, but you're right, he's not going to organize it himself.

And this question has been answered before.

No UK Witnesses yet because of a legality question. As the Witness Agreement is a legally-binding document between CGC and the individual, lawyers have to verify whether or not said agreement is valid, applicable & enforceable outside of North America.

To date, they have not settled on an answer, and until that time, there will be no Witnesses approved outside of North America.

So is this actively being pursued Kev or is it just something that has fallen by the wayside?

And this question has been answered before.

No UK Witnesses yet because of a legality question. As the Witness Agreement is a legally-binding document between CGC and the individual, lawyers have to verify whether or not said agreement is valid, applicable & enforceable outside of North America.

To date, they have not settled on an answer, and until that time, there will be no Witnesses approved outside of North America.

So is this actively being pursued Kev or is it just something that has fallen by the wayside?

I don't think it is actively being pursued by the legal team (but I'm up in Canada and not in Sarasota so I can't say for sure) -- it's a backburner project.

I do see CGC's point about having legal coverage when it comes to SS witness standards enforcement. But if I found out Alan Moore was a possibility and an authorized witness was attending an event, there are definitely books I'd have shipped over immediately.