• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will there be a notable OO collection discovery in 2010?

Will there be a notable OO collection discovery in 2010?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be a notable OO collection discovery in 2010?

27 posts in this topic

I’d guess “probably.”

Working off of memory, but here are some of the major silver/bronze collections unveiled since 1995 or so. Some of these might have surfaced earlier, but you’ll get the idea. I’m probably forgetting a few too. But one major collection a year seems to be about par for the course.

Winnipeg

Slobodian

Northland

Mass

Oakland

Golden State

Pacific Coast

Curator

Boston

Cleveland

Rocky Mountain

Mound City

Green River

My goal with collecting comics is to leave somethig valuable for my heirs, hopefully. Not to have them buried with me.

I also believe that more likely than not, one or two OO collections will pop up every year or two, that are noteworthy.

Noteworthy is a relative term though. Pedigree status my not be granted as easily as it has been in the past.

My question is this. How does someone know the collection is OO? Especially with Bronze or later. Or do those not count?

I’d guess “probably.”

Working off of memory, but here are some of the major silver/bronze collections unveiled since 1995 or so. Some of these might have surfaced earlier, but you’ll get the idea. I’m probably forgetting a few too. But one major collection a year seems to be about par for the course.

Winnipeg

Slobodian

Northland

Mass

Oakland

Golden State

Pacific Coast

Curator

Boston

Cleveland

Rocky Mountain

Mound City

Only one of these is recognized broadly as a pedigree and came to market after 1999 (Rocky Mtn). Consequently, I wouldn't count on seeing one this coming year.

I’d guess “probably.”

Winnipeg

Slobodian

Northland

Mass

Oakland

Golden State

Pacific Coast

Curator

Boston

Cleveland

Rocky Mountain

Mound City

Only one of these is recognized broadly as a pedigree and came to market after 1999 (Rocky Mtn). Consequently, I wouldn't count on seeing one this coming year.

I did get to purchase one of the Rocky Mountain (thumbs u

One of my favorite covers Strange Adventues #110. Plus the one's I looke at were high grade for sure

WEBHEAD

I predict the number of pedigree collections will easily double in the next ten years. Let's face it.... a lot of old foggies are going to pass thus leaving the collection to their familes, who will sell the books.

There will be original owner collections....but few will be high grade.Most of the OO collections thus far that have been all highgrade were amassed by eccentric adults at a time when mostly kids and a few teens were buying comics. People didn't really start bagging and boarding until the mid 70's. One of the only sharp OO collections that was put together by someone who purchased the books during their youth that I know of was Burntboy (Harry) and I'm not so sure what motivated him to maintain his awesome collection. I also have a friend who recently started selling his childhood books and his stuff from around 1966 up was VF or better but his run from 1961 -65 were Robert Bell VG's. I hear there are more like him, but in 40 years of collecting, he's the only person I've ever actually known who had anything even close to a high grade OO silver age collection.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u