• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 4--Still Getting Hot or Losing Steam?

88 posts in this topic

Tim,

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion about pressing, as passionately and vehemently as you believe it. I certainly don't have a problem with you expressing it however you see fit.

I do take issue with you making a personal attack on Joey. And that's what it is, despite your denials, it is a direct attack... you are taking a swipe at the quality of his work or his credentials generally. I do understand your later point that Joey does not have listed his years of study under a particular person with expertise (like Bill Sarrill), but I do believe Joey has spent a lot of time investigating and studying different techniques and proper methods to improve his skills. Since there is no degree or course you can take for this that I'm aware of, much of the development is done through study with people who have paper conservation knowledge.

I'm not sure why you've gotten so bitterly personal in your attacks on people recently especially in so public a fashion. You always struck me as someone with decorum and respect. This seems like your emotions have so overcome your ability to reason, you've resorted to petty name calling and personal swipes. This doesn't seem like the person I've known and respected all these years on the boards, and I can't imagine why you've taken this tact. I'm deeply disappointed.

I know you may not care that I'm deeply disappointed, but I am, and I hope that you at least reflect just a tiny bit on the necessity of getting down in the mud to sling it unfairly and unnecessarily.

Fair enough.

Joeypost, I apologize for my comment. It was not intended to be an insult on your ability, just that I genuinely thought you were just an amateur (in the sense that it was not your full-time job and you had not been doing it for years, not the quality of your work) and was curious why the first recommendation would be you rather than a brand name like Matt. But hearing from someone that I highly respect like Brian who doesn't automatically read everything I write in the worst light made me realize that my comment could be interpreted as being offensive, so I apologize for any offense that I caused.

Tim,

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion about pressing, as passionately and vehemently as you believe it. I certainly don't have a problem with you expressing it however you see fit.

I do take issue with you making a personal attack on Joey. And that's what it is, despite your denials, it is a direct attack... you are taking a swipe at the quality of his work or his credentials generally. I do understand your later point that Joey does not have listed his years of study under a particular person with expertise (like Bill Sarrill), but I do believe Joey has spent a lot of time investigating and studying different techniques and proper methods to improve his skills. Since there is no degree or course you can take for this that I'm aware of, much of the development is done through study with people who have paper conservation knowledge.

I'm not sure why you've gotten so bitterly personal in your attacks on people recently especially in so public a fashion. You always struck me as someone with decorum and respect. This seems like your emotions have so overcome your ability to reason, you've resorted to petty name calling and personal swipes. This doesn't seem like the person I've known and respected all these years on the boards, and I can't imagine why you've taken this tact. I'm deeply disappointed.

I know you may not care that I'm deeply disappointed, but I am, and I hope that you at least reflect just a tiny bit on the necessity of getting down in the mud to sling it unfairly and unnecessarily.

Fair enough.

Joeypost, I apologize for my comment. It was not intended to be an insult on your ability, just that I genuinely thought you were just an amateur (in the sense that it was not your full-time job and you had not been doing it for years, not the quality of your work) and was curious why the first recommendation would be you rather than a brand name like Matt. But hearing from someone that I highly respect like Brian who doesn't automatically read everything I write in the worst light made me realize that my comment could be interpreted as being offensive, so I apologize for any offense that I caused.

:golfclap:

Tim,

Fair enough.

Glad to see this posting. It is the right thing to do IMHO and indicates to me that you are a man of character. I understand your initial reaction and statement because of your stated thoughts on the subject. It just didn't read so well on this end, without your above explanation in the first place. Well done.

Tim,

Fair enough.

Japanese wimp.

Tim,

Fair enough.

Japanese wimp.

Know nothing whiteboy newbie.

Tim,

Fair enough.

Apology accepted.