• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beasts of Burden by Dorkin and Thompson

9 posts in this topic

I went to a new LCS looking for back issues and picked up Beasts of Burden 1 since it was written by Evan Dorkin and Jill Thompson was the artist. The story was good fun and the artwork was fantastic. I did not realize that this was a current ongoing mini-series so I have to go back and pay of this as he charged me for a back issue. So did anyone check out issue 2? Is it good?

Here's a linky: http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/13-834/Beasts-of-Burden-1

Issue # 2 was better than issue # 1. The story in issue # 2 is not very creative, i.e., it's not ground-breaking but it has a lot of pathos and quite sad. It's also fun to see the apprentice wise dogs get into some bit of trouble as they don't master their powers yet. This is turning out to be a winning mini for me. I am glad I picked it up. (thumbs u

Didn't know this was out . These characters have previously appeared in the various Dark Horse Book of Hauntings, Witchcraft, etc. The stories there were sweet and amusing. I'll have to look for this at my LCS.

Didn't know this was out . These characters have previously appeared in the various Dark Horse Book of Hauntings, Witchcraft, etc. The stories there were sweet and amusing. I'll have to look for this at my LCS.

Yes they mentioned it in the letter column. Have you read any of those Dark Horse books? They are around 15 bucks a pop and there are three of them. Hauntings, Witchcraft and Dead.

The book came out in September although I just got the first issue. Don't really keep up with moderns these days.

Yes they mentioned it in the letter column. Have you read any of those Dark Horse books? They are around 15 bucks a pop and there are three of them. Hauntings, Witchcraft and Dead.

You know that they are available online at the Dark Horse site?

Free Beasts of Burden

(thumbs u

Thanks for the link. I like horror books anyway so I was just wondering if the other stories were good as well.