• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've seen it all now...

41 posts in this topic

Hey guys wanna hear my half-baked opinion? Course you do! That's why you come here right?

My opinion - which is mine and belongs to me - is that gamers generally didn't spend a great deal of time looking at the boxes. They wasted their youth staring at the in-game graphics (nothing to collect there) AND pawing the console/controls. THEREFORE, I predict, the real nostalgia in gaming collectables is the consoles/computers themselves. The games can be played online anyway.

That said, there are exceptions. I keep an eye out for Scott Adams and Level 9 adventure games in their boxes. Those hold nostalgia for me :cloud9:

I'm also always on the lookout for a cheap ZX80. I already have a nice boxed ZX81 which I love. Looking at it makes me feel young and full of potential again :)

Oh and yay, another videogame collecting thread! We should have a sub-forum. I don't have time to get acquainted with one of those other sites devoted to retro game collecting.

I've been at the schnapps tonight, so forgive my uncharacteristic effusiveness.

Yeah can't imagine putting a comic in a plastic case where you couldn't flip through the pages and read it..

yes I am being sarcastic..

you guys should be used to it by now right?

I believe they were being sarcastic earlier in the the thread as well, although that could be DocWatson's and Boozie's normal conversational tone

I'm also always on the lookout for a cheap ZX80. I already have a nice boxed ZX81 which I love. Looking at it makes me feel young and full of potential again :)

.... hm

Like this...?

0202261001213696895.jpg

No, that doesn't have the rubber keyboard :makepoint: