• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Help Beat-up JIM #96

10 posts in this topic

I pretty confident in my ability to grade comics FN+ and up but below that I'm less sure.....

I bought this JIM #96 last weekend and I'm contemplating buying a couple of other pre-#125 issues the dealer had for around $10 a piece. Most of them are in a similar condition (or better on a couple of issues) to this #96.

So what would ou grade this as? Front and back covers scans provided. Pages are OW and no brittleness noted. Staples are tight....

jim96f.jpg

jim96b.jpg

Thanks,

Jim

Geez Jim...had I known I woulda given you a great deal on THIS BOOK ...it actually presents itself much better than the scan I submitted... sorry.gif

You wouldn't have known as I don't collect these normally. I got my copy in a trade with the dealer. He had others though and I was thinking about getting them next week when I meet with him again.

Thanks for thinking of me though..... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

I'd go with at least a solid good. Ten dollars is a great price for books under 115 or so. I'm sure you'd have little trouble selling or trading them on this forum for a profit.

Not looking at making a profit on them. I'm not a big Thor collector but was wondering whether I should get his other copies as these are early SA appearances. He also had #94, #98, 102, 110, 120 and maybe others I can't remember right now.....

I'm usually leery though of getting SA copies in this condition as they seem to be more of a pain to keep then they're worth. Everytime you take them out of the mylar you're wishing pieces don't fall off...... 893whatthe.gif

Jim

I'd go with at least a solid good. Ten dollars is a great price for books under 115 or so. I'm sure you'd have little trouble selling or trading them on this forum for a profit.

Not looking at making a profit on them. I'm not a big Thor collector but was wondering whether I should get his other copies as these are early SA appearances. He also had #94, #98, 102, 110, 120 and maybe others I can't remember right now.....

I'm usually leery though of getting SA copies in this condition as they seem to be more of a pain to keep then they're worth. Everytime you take them out of the mylar you're wishing pieces don't fall off...... 893whatthe.gif

Jim

If you don't want them for $10 a pop let me know the numbers he has in the 80s and 90s.

I need some of those. smile.gif