• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex Schomburg help needed

82 posts in this topic

The kid was too young for the last Boston show, but if the line-up is good, we'll be at the next one. Prepare yourself for a Milan Lucic-style beatin'!

By the way, Lucic is a freaking spot-picker if I ever saw one. Until he fights any heavy with ability, he's sort of a punk IMO. Only guys he ever fought with real size and real credentials are Ivanans, Neil and Boulton and at best he got draws out of those matches. Says a lot because any big guy who doesn't have top flight fighting prowess he absolutely destroys. Beating on guys like Komisarek, Ruttu, Mike Brown, Witt, etc....that don't cut it when you are as big and "tough" as Lucic is. Especially when you showboat to the Boston crowd as much as he does.

When he stops running away from Laraque or actually takes on a guy like Orr or Brash or Shelley then I'll give him some more respect. Too bad he's hurt, would love to see him try Orr this year. Orr is killing it this season and would probably kill Lucic as well.

I can ignore the comments from the lemmings, but this one really hurt. I am cut to the quick :sorry:

But see, if you were serious, you'd be a Hater.....

Great art doesn't need context. Primitive is primitive.

We're not lemmings, it's An opinion widely held by educated and reasonable collectors. Kids like you are spoiled with computer coloring and think anything prior to the invention of the plasma screen is primative. I like Milk and Cheese as much as anybody, but if you boil it down it's nothing but jokes about alcohol and violence, does it get much more primative?
I'll answer for him.

"NO"

Alex Schomburg is a better artist than Evan Dorkin, no doubt (shrug) Evan is funnier, though :insane:

I've been collecting comics since the mid-1970s, I don't like computer coloring either (shrug) I can name 50 artists from the past 30 years that are worse than Schomburg. I can name 50 that I like better. Is that reasonable?

You don't have to be educated to appreciate art - isn't that the whole point? (shrug) Anyone can buy a copy of Alter Ego.

Enjoy!

So which revolving door shill are you? hm
Didn't my Milk and Cheese reference ring any bells? :gossip: