• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the best investment book or books if you had 30k to spend?

126 posts in this topic

Thanks for the list. I almost pulled the trigger on the House of Secrets 92 9.6 (1 of 9) in highest grade that was in the ComicLink auction.

:foryou:

My pleasure. The HOS 92 would be a dream come true if I can pickup a 9.2-.9.4, let alone a 9.6 copy.

Happy Hunting!

I personally would go for a Hulk 1 or a really sharp TOS 39. An AF 15 in the highest grade possible is a guarantee as well. A few others would be a Cap 1 or an early key batman book. Lots of Nice DC stuff out there too. Oh yeah, a Journey into mystery 83 isnt a bad way to go right now either. The movie hype will surely push this book along even further too.

I don't know about you, but if I had 30K I'd go for a 10.0 of Lobo #1 mini series by Bisley or a 9.9 of Spider-Man #300. :jokealert::ohnoez::whee:

I forgive you for saying this ya bastich! :foryou: Even though the rest of the world has forgotten about lobo, I still love em'. 10.0 Lobo Mini.. :roflmao: As for the spidey 300 9.9 :takeit:

Lobo movie coming out directed by Guy Ritchie (Sherlock Holmes director)

1) House of Secrets 92 CGC 9.2-9.6 (a classic, and tough in 9.x grade)

2) Green Lantern 76 CC 9.0-9.6 (although heavily priced, still a super-key)

3) The Tick Special 1 CGC 9.4-9.8 (there were only 5K printed)

4) Sandman 1 CGC 9.6-9.8 (always considered a classic)

5) Albedo 2 CGC 9.0-9.8 (one of two 9.8s selling for $5K brought the attention back)

6) Destroyer Duck 1 CGC 9.6-9.8 (1st Groo)

7) Saga of the Swamp Thing 21 (Moore stories kick in), 37-40 (1st Hellblazer)

8) Death Rattle 8 CGC 9.6-9.8 (1st Xenozoic Tales - amazing stories and artwork)

9) The Goon 1 (Avatar) CGC 9.4-9.8 (heavily priced now due to the excitement, but a nice long-term investment if you can find them at the right price)

10) Vanguard Illustrated 7 CGC 9.4-9.8 (amazing Kaluta cover; 1st MR Monster; tough black cover to find without stress lines due to paper quality)

11) Walking Dead 1 CGC 9.6-9.8 (priced excessive right now due to pending AMC movie, but what an amazing storyline, and proves Moderns can break new ground)

12) Airboy 5 9.6-9.8 (1st Modern Valkyrie; Dave Stevens cover)

You find some of these as an investment, tuck them away for a few years and see what you have on your hands. MONEY!

Thanks for the list. I almost pulled the trigger on the House of Secrets 92 9.6 (1 of 9) in highest grade that was in the ComicLink auction.

9 9.6's of HOS 92? That's too many. A certain new york dealer would say "It's common"

9 9.6's of HOS 92? That's too many. A certain new york dealer would say "It's common"

If it is the same NY megadealer that tried to lowball someone on here with his offer on a House of Secrets 92 CGC 9.6, that same dealer would also mumble under his breath, "... but I want one!"

:insane:

House of Secrets 92 CGC 9.6, NOT!