• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate FF 1st appearance

16 posts in this topic

I think each Ultimate title takes place in its own Universe, which is why so many of the Ultimate Team-up characters are different than they are in the Ultimate books.

So basically, NO!!! UFF #1 is their first app.

But Reed, Sue, Johhny and Ben aren't the Fantastic Four yet. Doesn't the FF have to exist before it can be considered a 1st appearance? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In the Ultimate Marvel U the current UFF1 which came out after UTUP 9 is set in the inital issues chronologically before UTUP 9. SO while UFF 1 is set before UTUP 9 UTUP 9 is the first appearance officially even though chronologically it isint!!

My head hurts

I think each Ultimate title takes place in its own Universe, which is why so many of the Ultimate Team-up characters are different than they are in the Ultimate books.

This is confusing... confused.gif

But Reed, Sue, Johhny and Ben aren't the Fantastic Four yet. Doesn't the FF have to exist before it can be considered a 1st appearance? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In the Ultimate Marvel U the current UFF1 which came out after UTUP 9 is set in the inital issues chronologically before UTUP 9. SO while UFF 1 is set before UTUP 9 UTUP 9 is the first appearance officially even though chronologically it isint!!

My head hurts

So I was CORRECT!!! all along. Ain't that right Joe_Collector.

This is confusing... confused.gif

O.o

Ult. XM & the Ultimates had a team up; the events of it were mentioned/reflected in the regular Ult. XM run. perhaps the Ultimate War takes place between Ultimates volumes?

maybe, UMTU just a "Ultimate What If...?"?

Nope, Marvel has come out and stated that Ultimate Marvel Team-Up is not in continuity, and takes places in its own paralle Ultimate universe. I think this was in reference to the differences between the UMTU versions of Hulk and Iron Man, and what appeared in Ultimates.

It was something like "every writer has his own playground.. blah, blah, blah", and anyone counting on UMTU for "first appearances" is going to be disappointed.

Nope, Marvel has come out and stated that Ultimate Marvel Team-Up is not in continuity, and takes places in its own paralle Ultimate universe. I think this was in reference to the differences between the UMTU versions of Hulk and Iron Man, and what appeared in Ultimates.

It was something like "every writer has his own playground.. blah, blah, blah", and anyone counting on UMTU for "first appearances" is going to be disappointed.

Bendis has said that MTUP 9 will fit into continuity Joe.

I am looking for the article I read it in

An interview with Mark Millar on the Ultimate Universe

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/wizard/WZ20031020-five.cfm

======================================================

ULTIMATE TEAM-UP

5 Questions With...Mark Millar

Ultimate Fantastic Four was such a big project Marvel couldn’t give it to just one writer.

Luckily, the Ultimate Godfathers, Mark Millar (Ultimates) and Brian Michael Bendis (Ultimate Spider-Man), agreed to write the series together. Millar took a few minutes to expound on his “organic” process with Bendis, working with ex-Ultimate X-Men artist Adam Kubert again and how he’ll make sense of the Ultimate FF’s first appearance in Ultimate Marvel Team-Up.

==========

How’s working as a co-writer with Brian Michael Bendis been going? Have there been any fights?

It’s one of those things that could either be a complete f----ing catastrophe or work out pretty well. Luckily, it worked out pretty well. Bendis and I couldn’t have two more different styles but luckily it worked out. We did it quite organically.

===========

So, how does this “organic” process work between you and Bendis?

I go and type up a reasonably tight plot with dialogue suggestions and descriptions—especially with the more action-packed panels. Then Brian comes in and ignores everything he doesn’t like and then I complain to him. We end up with something quite organic. It’s not nearly as simple as just a plot and then scripting. It’s quite an unusual process and we’re playing it by ear—we could end up killing each other by the fifth issue. We’re still at the polite stage though.

==========

What can fans expect in your first five-issue arc of Ultimate FF?

Like the other Ultimate books, the first five issues are an origin story. We’re trying to make something that’s worked really brilliantly for the last 40 years to work in the next 40 years. You have to put a ton of thought into it. We’re really thinking about it in movie terms—it’s big. It required a lot of work to get everything the way we wanted it. We introduce the team as well as the bad guys, who we set up quite a few in this first story.

=============

Any big villains showing up like Ultimate Red Ghost?

We’re playing everything very quiet like Victor Van Damme [a.k.a. “Dr. Doom”] and even the Mole Man. We wanted to play with all the toys but hopefully do them in a whole new way. Not a What If? kind of way but just a rethinking way.

===

Now, I know you’re trying to tie Ultimate FF into the rest of the Ultimate Universe, but what about that Ultimate Team-Up issue that Bendis wrote?

It’ll tie into the rest of the Ultimate Universe 100 percent. The Ultimate Universe really does all tie together. The only thing that doesn’t fit is the Ultimate Team-Up Fantastic Four story, but this morning I actually came up with a way it’ll fit in as well. It’s utterly insane, but I’m going to try to convince everyone that it works. It’s kind of bugged me, so I’ve come up with this insane plan that ties it all together. It’ll just be explained in one panel.

When will we see a big Ultimates vs. Ultimate X-Men vs. Ultimate Fantastic Four crossover?

Like Ultimates and Ultimate X-Men, I think Ultimate Fantastic Four needs a good year before we start playing with other people’s toys. I think that one of the things that bugged me in the ’90s, that all the new books were never given a chance to grow on their own before they cameoed some sales-grabbing characters. You need to stand on your own two years before you start using other characters. I want people to not pick up the book because it had Wolverine in it and they think he’s cool. They should pick it up because the Ultimate Fantastic Four is cool. Just give it a good year.

The only thing that doesn’t fit is the Ultimate Team-Up Fantastic Four story, but this morning I actually came up with a way it’ll fit in as well. It’s utterly insane, but I’m going to try to convince everyone that it works.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I have no idea why Bendis would even try, as Marvel has already stated that UMTU is out of each book's/character's continuity. Maybe Bendis is just being tongue-in-cheek with this comment?

The only thing that doesn’t fit is the Ultimate Team-Up Fantastic Four story, but this morning I actually came up with a way it’ll fit in as well. It’s utterly insane, but I’m going to try to convince everyone that it works.

I have no idea why Bendis would even try, as Marvel has already stated that UMTU is out of each book's/character's continuity. Maybe Bendis is just being tongue-in-cheek with this comment?

That was Mark Millar who said that

Looks like marvel all but ignores that idea anyway!!

Spidey and wolverine met first in an ultimate team up.

Then when they met in I beleive Spideys book they allready knew each other or at least Logan knew Parker.

So Ultimate Team up allready has outside consequences.

That was Mark Millar who said that

Okay, then exercise your brain cells and substitute MILLAR to BENDIS. I don't keep track of which hack is working on which exact piece of Modern tripe...

Didn't the FF make an appearance in the Ultimate Spider-Man special? They were not teenagers in that one.

For something that was supposed to simplify continuity, I think Marvel is heading towards The Crisis of the Ultimate Universe. Any takers on when the Ultimate Universe will have crossovers in the MU?

My head hurts

3_8_2.gif