• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have an idea

77 posts in this topic

To me the guys that are the most vocal, either for or against pressing: (in no particular order I just browsed the most recent pressing threads to pull the names).

For:

MCMiles, Watson, KOR, joespost, JiveTurkey, nearmint, etc.

Against:

tth2, awe4one, Flaming_Telepath, delekkerste, etc.

Both sides have compelling arguments. But as mentioned many, many times before the topic is almost impossible to discuss without people getting pissed off. I know it pisses me off. It’s to bad, but that’s just the way it is.

The guys for pressing should come up with a once and for all statement or post, stating their side of the story, something they all agree on.

The guys against pressing should do the same.

Then have CGC sticky the posts to the top of CG. This way any newb can read both sides of the story and form their own opinion on the topic.

Rather then finding this site and thinking the hobby is fool of nuts.

I have an idea. :idea:

Get a life.

I think your right sean, SOT needs a break from the forums besides sales threads.

These endless pressing debates are making my head hurt.

Actually I think I wil make a vow right now (besides sales threads and PM's), I am taking a self-emposed break from posting till next year. :whee:

That didn't last long. :baiting:

Get a life.

I think your right sean, SOT needs a break from the forums besides sales threads.

These endless pressing debates are making my head hurt.

Actually I think I wil make a vow right now (besides sales threads and PM's), I am taking a self-emposed break from posting till next year. :whee:

That didn't last long. :baiting:

A thread this dumb needs special attention. ;)

The guys for pressing should come up with a once and for all statement or post, stating their side of the story, something they all agree on.

Then have CGC sticky the posts to the top of CG. This way any newb can read both sides of the story and form their own opinion on the topic.

...or just put in their sig lines.....

Get a life.

Are you all upset cause I didn't mention your name?

See it's already happening.

Not upset at all.

Your starting a can of worms again over topics that every poster you have mentioned has talked about to death.

What else do they need to say that they have not already said.

Get over it bro.

sticky them to the top and that will be the end of it.

Talking about it over and over just divides everyone.

The people who believe that pressing will ruin the hobby won't let it go no matter what gets stickied to the top of the forum. :busy:

I have an idea..instead of stickied at the top, how about pressing gets it's own sub forum?

Everything that has anything to do with this topic, for or against, goes into the sub forum and out of the CG forum.

At this point regardless of the content of the post, be it erudite or moronic, if I see a pressing thread the only feeling I get is:

th_d34fc96f.gif

To me the guys that are the most vocal, either for or against pressing: (in no particular order I just browsed the most recent pressing threads to pull the names).

For:

Against:

Both sides have compelling arguments. But as mentioned many, many times before the topic is almost impossible to discuss without people getting pissed off. I know it pisses me off. It’s to bad, but that’s just the way it is.

I say we do it the old fashioned way.

vs.

to the death

Sounds good, but no hitting in the face. Or for some of you the crotch. No hair pulling, but name calling is allowed. No tripping or biting. I have a bad back and cannot move too fast these days so no rope-a-dope. No weapons.

hm

Oh yea, no wedgies or tying of the shoe laces together.