• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have an idea

77 posts in this topic

I'm done talking about it. The tone of the conversation has deteriorated significantly, and has become far too personal. It's no longer productive.

Ditto. I've being staying out for a long time for that very reason. Whoever wants to can get put on a list and they can simply hash it out via PM and then post their conclusions.

You can have a group in a PM (just in case someone didn't know) and talk away without disturbing anyone else.

R.

You can have a group in a PM (just in case someone didn't know) and talk away without disturbing anyone else.

R.

I'll never understand why those who don't want to read pressing threads insist on reading pressing threads. ??? ??? ??? ???

I got fed up of reading all the "outraged at ebay seller" threads so I just don't click on them. :idea:

i have an idea...we get all the pro pressers on one side of the octagon and all those against on the other side and they fight to the death. the winner (the one still breathing) gets to decide if pressing is or isn't restoration...or we could just ban the 'pressing' discussion from the forum permenantly, like politics or naked pictures of Rosie O'Donnald...2c

R.

I'll never understand why those who don't want to read pressing threads insist on reading pressing threads. ??? ??? ??? ???

I got fed up of reading all the "outraged at ebay seller" threads so I just don't click on them. :idea:

G, I agree with you. Just don't click on it.

In this case, some things are just extremely inflammatory. *spoon* words are filtered for a reason. Pressing threads are to the point where there is a lot of hostility.

Like any great, heated, group debate, pick a few leaders to debate it and then post your results.

Anyhow, you're right. Avoiding them is probably best for most.

R.

In this case, some things are just extremely inflammatory. *spoon* words are filtered for a reason. Pressing threads are to the point where there is a lot of hostility.

Like any great, heated, group debate, pick a few leaders to debate it and then post your results.

Yeah that’s what I’m saying. Each side put together a final argument and sticky the to the top of CG and keep it so no one can respond. Just read each side of the argument and come up with their own conclusions.

I know it will never happen, but it might put and end to all the fighting.

R.

Yeah that’s what I’m saying. Each side put together a final argument and sticky the to the top of CG and keep it so no one can respond. Just read each side of the argument and come up with their own conclusions.

I know it will never happen, but it might put and end to all the fighting.

Or people could act like friggin' adults whose entire waking lives don't revolve around comics, and agree to disagree. Or howabout everyone just be grateful that they have the luxury to spend several hours a day debating this ridonkulous nonsense instead of, I don't know, having to worry about securing dinner, or getting back from their jobs in one piece.

You're all wieners.

:baiting:

I'm done talking about it. The tone of the conversation has deteriorated significantly, and has become far too personal. It's no longer productive.

So it actually did flutter in and out of productivity during the last five years of bickering about it? :o

Or people could act like friggin' adults whose entire waking lives don't revolve around comics, and agree to disagree. Or howabout everyone just be grateful that they have the luxury to spend several hours a day debating this ridonkulous nonsense instead of, I don't know, having to worry about securing dinner, or getting back from their jobs in one piece.

You're all wieners.

:baiting:

(worship)

OK, how about this:

People press comics/have comics pressed either because they want to own that comic in a better condition/grade or they want to sell that comic in a better grade to make more money.

People don't like pressed comics because they don't like comics that have been manipulated.

Some people don't care either way.

:ohnoez: