• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 94 CGC 9.8 on census

59 posts in this topic

No offense, but this scan remind me those from a famous seller tongue.gif

Me too!!! It's got an airbrushed kind of look to it. My first thought was whether he's sure it's unrestored...so I repeat...SEND IT IN! That one is a no-brainer to get slabbed.

ok now im starting to get scared!!!!!!! is there some crazy comic book restorer guy selling faulty 9.8's??? someone enlighten me. i dont like name dropping so i will keep his identity secure, but i dont wanna be in the dark either......

It looks like a comic-keys scan. If you don't know what that means there are about a million threads about him here.

Well it looks like a 9.6 anyway assuming it gets a blue label.

It does look like one of those [!@#%^&^]'s scans though... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe you use same type of scanner? confused-smiley-013.gif

edit:

lol...................................! 27_laughing.gif

Since when is the two letters C and K put together a swear word!?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

ok now im starting to get scared!!!!!!! is there some crazy comic book restorer guy selling faulty 9.8's??? someone enlighten me. i dont like name dropping so i will keep his identity secure, but i dont wanna be in the dark either......

You should be scared if you bought this from Comic Keys from Richard He offered it to me for 5000.00 and described it as being perfect in every way like it came off the press and was bagged and boarded that same day! I saw a scan of the book front and back, but I couldnt bring myself to pull the trigger as I believed back then if It is so nice why dont you send it in yourself?Glad I had a great deal of common sense as I didnt know he was a crook back then like I do now.I hope you didnt buy it from him Please tell me you didnt!

Davidking623

You should be scared if you bought this from Comic Keys from Richard He offered it to me for 5000.00 and described it as being perfect in every way like it came off the press and was bagged and boarded that same day! I saw a scan of the book front and back, but I couldnt bring myself to pull the trigger as I believed back then if It is so nice why dont you send it in yourself?Glad I had a great deal of common sense as I didnt know he was a crook back then like I do now.I hope you didnt buy it from him Please tell me you didnt!

oh [!@#%^&^].

Does this look like the book he tried to sell you? Was this the scan?

If it is, Halo, you should definitely send this book into CGC as soon as possible.

oh [!@#%^&^].

Does this look like the book he tried to sell you? Was this the scan?

Im going into my saved emails to try and find the scan also my computer as to check also there!

Davidking623

If it is, Halo, you should definitely send this book into CGC as soon as possible.

When I saw the scan... the same thought came to me immediately.

The edges and corners look unbelievably crisp and sharp... almost unnatural.

It looks as if it was "trimmed" (digitally or manually)... or its indeed an unbelievable copy heading for a 9.8.

I enlarged it but could not see the corner crease a few of you see.

Maybe Redhook or DiceX should take a closer look at this.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Nice book. But, as the others said, first thing I thought was a "Koos-Special" by the look of the actual scan (not the book).

If it is from him, send it in right away, and try and get your $$$ back (it will come back restored).

Either way, send it in and slab it. Chances are, on a book that nice, you aren't going to be reading it. Might as well protect it as much as possible w/ the slab.

If you did buy it from him, I'm really, really sorry. frown.gif

Chris

ok now im starting to get scared!!!!!!! is there some crazy comic book restorer guy selling faulty 9.8's??? someone enlighten me.

In light of the literally hundreds, if not thousands, of posts regarding a certain "crazy comic book restorer guy selling faulty 9.8s" in just the last week, this could very well be the understatement of the century. I am sorry for your impending loss.

Gene

When I saw the scan... the same thought came to me immediately.

The edges and corners look unbelievably crisp and sharp... almost unnatural.

It looks as if it was "trimmed" (digitally or manually)... or its indeed an unbelievable copy heading for a 9.8.

I enlarged it but could not see the corner crease a few of you see.

Here it is pretty clearly. In Photoshop I played with Curves and Brightness/ Contrast to bring it out more, although I can see it in just the scan.

375528-xmen94.jpg

375528-xmen94.jpg.70e8dc1aeaee030aa1ca537ab7c66a53.jpg

I'm looking at it on my laptop and will have to get on my main computer to be sure.

But I'm 99% sure it's at least a doctored scan.

The bottom right corner looks to be a non color breaking bend rather than a crease.

And the scan has all the normal fingerprints of a seller that many could guess.

I've looked at plenty of them in the past year to wager a guess.

893whatthe.gif

More info in a bit.

Couldnt find the email with the download of the X men 94 from Comic keys and it was'nt on my computer that I could find! I sure hope you didnt get it from this crook and send that into CGC for an express price the sooner the better and when did you purchase this also?

Davidking623