• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMS #95 cover original art on ebay...

10 posts in this topic

How can you say that. Original art is one of a kind. 893naughty-thumb.gif Price on art is what someone is willing to pay for it, being there is not another one like it anywhere. What is ridiculous is someone paying $20,000.00 for for a CGC slabbed Incredible Hulk #181 a few months back. 893whatthe.gif How many of those exist or will turn up in the near future.

Original art is one of a kind. 893naughty-thumb.gif Price on art is what someone is willing to pay for it, being there is not another one like it anywhere.

While the $20,000 price for Hulk 181 IS very ridiculous...

The best thing about a comic book market is that there's an actual market.

When another copy turns up, a new price is set.

Then another, and another, etc.

Original art IS one of a kind... so once it sells... it's sold.

There's absolutely no activity on that piece again until it's for sale again.

sleeping.gif

I can say it quite easily. Original Cover art is overpriced. 19,000 dollars for the cover to a 100 dollar book. GOOD DEAL!!! Give me a well-known artist any day of the week over niche market comic art.

Brian

I agree that the price sounds high to me. But I guess original art collectors love covers and they love Spider-Man and Romita is a classic Spidey artist, so.....

But it does seem extreme to me and I'd rather put that money into an early issue of Action Comics or something like that. Or a more significant piece of original art. But if someone has the money and they want it, then you can't argue with the marketplace.