• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone bought from 'comicfutures' on eBay?

1 post in this topic

I bought a couple of lots of modern '[!@#%^&^]' just because I needed to fill some gaps in my collection - being the high-grade snob that I am, I was intrigued by their auction description:

All books in this collection are WAREHOUSE COPIES and have been sitting untouched, unbagged, and unboarded in bundles in boxes since the day they were printed. They are all 9.8-10.0 NM/M perfect untouched comics!! These books are overstock and have not been touched for the entire time in storage.

So I'm thinking, "OK, probably mostly in the 9.2/9.4 range, right?"

Also, I liked their 'Important Note to Customers':

IMPORTANT NOTE TO OUR CUSTOMERS:

Comic Futures has been in the business of buying and selling Comic books for over 15 years. Based on our own comic book buying experience on Ebay, we have noticed that a high percentage of Ebay sellers tend to overgrade their books, either because they do not understand how to grade properly or they knowingly inflate the grade to glean more profit. We do not have tolerance for either of these practices. We at Comic Futures know how to grade books properly. You can also be assured that we grade to strict standards using the Overstreet grading guidelines.

So I get the 9.8-10.0 books and guess what? I know, I know - what a sucker. Anyway I'm trying to return my 8.0-9.0 books (maybe a 9.2 or two in the stack). In the meantime I could always provide scans if anyone is interested - be careful as there are plenty of other 'Warehouse Copy' lots still going on eBay right now.